News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New (old) bamboo rods

Started by troutphisher, October 28, 2008, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I just finished the purchase of two more bamboo rods to add to my quiver.

One is a Orvis Limestone special 8-1/2ft 4-1/2oz #6 line with two tips. This rod is in mint condition including tube and label. The label still has the ink in the impressions, and the tube even has the original Orvis green tube sock. I purchased this rod as a back up rod to the limestone Madison I currently have. I cast this rod with a Cortland WF5 line and easily threw line out at 50ft with no hauling, it easily Handel 50ft of line in the air with plenty of reserve. This rod is an all around medium to big water rod. It will cast double nymph rigs, as well as tiny drys with delicate presentations.

The other rod in a Orvis nymph  8ft 3-3/4oz HFG (4) with two tips. This rod is in excellent++ condition and will soon see time on the water!. I really like the slow action of this rod with a Cortland WF4 line. The sweet spot is about 40ft, the rod casts effortlessly and really loads at well. The softer taper on this rod will make it perfect for nymphing and mending with just a flick of the rod tip. I tried both drys and double rigged nymphs on this rod and it is superb at both.

I have been waiting to complete the transaction to fish these rods, and it's been quit challenging having these rods view and not fishing them....... :'(

Tomorrow I am off to the water for full days workout!!!!!!!!!!!!. I really like the action of both rods.

Thanks Again Al, for letting me have these rods! I will put them to good use on the water.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

I was thinking that my new old boo might just be a better investment than my GE stock....

currently I'm accumulating DUK
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!