News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River-- Tuesday

Started by 5xTippett, October 23, 2008, 10:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Al on November 29, 2008, 21:01:17 PM
How about all of you arm chair biologists coming to the SRTU meeting on Dec 4th?

Seriously, we will be at Rania's Restaurant, in uptown Martinsville at 6pm on the 4th. Love to have you join us so we can kick around what we need to do next to show the politicians, COE, VDGIF, and everyone else that uses the river that we also have a stake in the resource.

And you can fill up your gas tank @ $1.48 in Martinsville  -- a bonus!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

I talked to Scott today and got several questions answered.  Somebody had asked on an earlier thread about rainbows reproducing.  He said he finds a few every year, primarily from the dam down into the upper special regs.  Also, there is documented evidence of browns reproducing in the late 1960's and undocumented reports from the early 1960's. I was right about the documented records, but off by a few years on the undocumented ones.  Oops, sorry about that.  Either way they have been reproducing for 40 years or better.  Also, the big brook trout that were put in the river do not eat the browns.  They starve to death in fairly short order.  However, they make some of the locals happy and do hurt anything or anybody else.  In fact they help the river by getting some good publicity.