News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New Catch & Release at Cherokee, NC

Started by troutfreak, October 22, 2008, 15:43:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfreak

See pic of this hog, this guy posted on another board this one and rainbow same size....wife caught one to & she never been fly fishing he said.  $27 ayear to fish, plus $7 a day tribal license.  Is it worth it??/
TF

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Oldman

Could be interesting come Jan, Feb.????

Jest a thinkin?

trouthemp

Pay to fish pellet hogs???....I'd rather watch paint dry.
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

Oldman

Dont get me wrong. I am 110% wild trout C and R. But cometh the dead of winter this could add some fun and a big tung on your line. And it would be a great placeto take your kid. Kinda like DH use to be. Maybe. Who knows?

glassfisher

I might give it a try, but definitely a good place to take kids.  I think I'll take my nephew there next time we go to the mountains. 
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

5xTippett

The guy has the fish on his avatar on the other forum.  I swear I am not making that up!  I don't see the difference from a pay as you go trout pond and this place (other than you can see real live Indians down the road, and it's closer to Bradley Fork).  I would rather go into the park and catch 8 inch wild fish.  Any of my friends who read this and want to try it sometime, don't get mad at me.  It's just I ain't gonna do it.

overbrook

Quote from: 5xTippett on October 23, 2008, 15:27:21 PM
Any of my friends who read this and want to try it sometime, don't get mad at me.  It's just I ain't gonna do it.

I won't get mad at ya...but I'll be there with bells on! Once in the water they're all fish to me....yeah wild fish are prettier ....but a pellet fed hog pulls harder.....I like both. People talk about carp and catfish as if they are'nt worthy to be caught on a fly rod.....bull  :-X  ....a 40 pound carp or 50 pound flathead has to be some serious fun on a flyrod... I admire Mr.fishingtoughguy and the rest of the VA. crowd catching them....and hope they continue to report again next season. Ben...we'll keep one on ice for ya back at the cabin!  0--0

DJ65

Ain't no different from those dumbasses that pay Davidson river guides to say "cast here" while standing in one place all day and doing 20 foot flipcasts to them pellet fed hogs by the hatchery.......jes sayin  ::) ;D

twinbridges

I just don't understand how this has anything to do with flyfishing.

Each his own but not my thing.

ColdOnTheShoulder

At least they are charging $34 a year and not pulling the $85 rod fee per day like the Rose River Farm douche in VA. Maybe the pellet pigs will start reproducing.

One of the best VA spring creeks requires a $5 "donation" whenever it is fished which goes to the landowners and any streamwork or stocking that is done. It has stockers but also a good population of wild fish. Is paying my $5 to fish a stream that was previously private wrong? Shit, if they weren't mostly Mennonites, I would have bought them all a big bottle of Knob Creek by now for all the fun I've had there.

Overbrook- You ever come up around Richmond we'll put you into some BIG cats man.  0--0

overbrook

Quote from: ColdOnTheShoulder on October 25, 2008, 13:51:34 PM

Overbrook- You ever come up around Richmond we'll put you into some BIG cats man.  0--0

I'm guessing they are fixin to move into the deeper wintering holes...but I'd love to take ya up on it next summer!  ;D

ditchmonkey

Quote from: ColdOnTheShoulder on October 25, 2008, 13:51:34 PM
At least they are charging $34 a year and not pulling the $85 rod fee per day like the Rose River Farm douche in VA. Maybe the pellet pigs will start reproducing.
One of the best VA spring creeks requires a $5 "donation" whenever it is fished which goes to the landowners and any streamwork or stocking that is done. It has stockers but also a good population of wild fish. Is paying my $5 to fish a stream that was previously private wrong? Shit, if they weren't mostly Mennonites, I would have bought them all a big bottle of Knob Creek by now for all the fun I've had there.
hahahaha or better yet! just offer to share some with em!
i love that stream!
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.

ColdOnTheShoulder

Overbrook- yeah, I havent seen any on the last couple outtings. They are deep and lethargic right about now.

Ditch- Let me know if you ever want to hit it up. I bet the guy across from the school would take a swig or eight, lol.