Started by troutphisher, January 26, 2008, 11:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

Hook: Mustad C49S size 20

Thread: Black Uni-Thread 8/0

Body: Wapsi black micro stretch tubing

Wings: flashabou

Head: Black super fine dubbing
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Beetle

Nice fly TP.

Where are you getting your Wapsi stretch tubing (especially in micro)?  It is hard to find around here.

Thanks

troutphisher

I get it at the DRO (Dividson River Outfitters) in Brevard NC.
They Also have it at Eddie Wyatt's place ( Fly Shop of Tennessee inc) Johnson City TN.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Beetle on January 26, 2008, 16:06:05 PM
Nice fly TP.

Where are you getting your Wapsi stretch tubing (especially in micro)?  It is hard to find around here.

Thanks

if passing though statesville.  try http://carolinamountainsports.com/ i get mine there.

nice fly TP, how does it fish on the holston?

(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutphisher

Mark,
It worked ok. Half the fish I caught took the black fly pattern.
The other half took the grey midge emerger pattern, and a couple took a red zebra midge, the top fly in the dropper rig I fished that day.

launchone

The flexi floss is a good sub. for the stretchy