News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith-Sunday

Started by 5xTippett, September 23, 2008, 14:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

Spent the day Saturday at the beach with my wife and mother visiting my twin daughters who are freshman at Coastal Carolina.  After a day surrounded my women I decided I deserved a day off.  I got up Sunday and headed North to Bassett.  I called Al on the way and he gave me his fishing report from the day before.  I did not have high expectations but it turned out to be a decent afternoon.  I started out throwing big beetles downstream in Bassett.  I had a couple early and then it died.  I went upstream and got into fish pretty soon, but I was having trouble hooking them.  I downsized and that was the ticket.  There were some midges hatching and a few fish rising.  I started to switch but I hate fishing that microscopic junk.  I threw my beetle to the risers and they ate it.  I was somewhat relieved, because at 53 it is not that easy rerigging in poor light.  It is not all that easy in good light.  Anyway, I ended up with about a dozen or so for the afternoon.  All but two caught between 6:00 and 7:00.  I have done better but I have certainly done worse.  I am going to have to call Al and get instructions on how to post pictures because I don't have a clue and my computer technician have abandoned me and gone to college.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!