News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Sarah Palin?? Huh??

Started by trout_boy_II, August 29, 2008, 10:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

stonedfly17... Do some research on ANWR, it is pretty much a baren wasteland, hardly anything grows, there is very little wildlife, its not the picturesque Alaska you see on t.v., and the area that they want to drill is compared to the size of a postage stamp on the front of the New York times.

Fire-Fly

Looks like the widlife around this oil rig in Alaska is suffering.

overbrook

Firefly....while I'm happy to see some folks speaking the truth....be warned that telling the truth to an Obama worshipper is like trying to educate a monkey....they're just gonna sling a handful of crap at ya and laugh and make faces  ::)  ya really can't reason with them.

stonedfly17

Overbrook, you must not have read my entire post...
Quote from: stonedfly17 on August 29, 2008, 18:44:39 PM
As of right now, Nader's got my vote. I'm sick of this partisan, two-party bullshit.
Obama worshipper?  ???

Fire, I have done some research on the Artic National Wildlife Refuge. The reports I read said that the wildlife spend their summers there to get away from the mosquitoes. The skeeters are apparently thick enough in other parts to kill a grown caribou. From what I read, the noise, traffic, etc. will prevent the animals from using the area (although your photo seems to show otherwise). Why can't we just drill offshore? I'm sure there's a lot more oil in the ocean than we can pump out of Alaska. Seems to me that it's safer and would have less of an impact on wildlife. Katrina didn't cause any problems to the rigs in the gulf, so I'm 100% in favor of drilling off the coast. Also, I think it's ridiculous that everyone keeps referring to it as ANWR. I'll bet that the majority of Americans think it's a small town in Alaska called Anwar, not a Wildlife Refuge. I'm all for drilling as long as it's offshore and we get serious about finding ways to use clean, renewable energy sources. Drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge is not going to solve our problems.

Al

(Fire, I have done some research on the Artic National Wildlife Refuge. The reports I read said that the wildlife spend their summers there to get away from the mosquitoes. The skeeters are apparently thick enough in other parts to kill a grown caribou. From what I read, the noise, traffic, etc. will prevent the animals from using the area (although your photo seems to show otherwise).  Drilling in the Artic National Wildlife Refuge is not going to solve our problems.)
[/quote]

They probably won't be disturbing the caribou because the only time they can set up the oil rigs in the middle of the winter when the marsh and tundra are frozen - caribou won't be there then. Once they get the rigs set up I assume they will man them 24/7 but as photos of other rigs and pipelines have shown the caribou don't seem to mind. This is also an area that has no tourist value - no one goes there to view wildlife or fish (all of this was reported in US News & World Report a few weeks ago)

stonedfly17

The fact that it's not a tourist destination has nothing to do with it. It's a Wildlife Refuge, not Pigeon Forge. Those rigs look like shit, look at the photo Fire-fly posted. Why screw up some pristine land? Offshore rigs aren't even noticeable from shore. I'll bet Teddy Roosevelt (probably the greatest President...EVER!) is rolling in his fucking grave.

trout_boy_II

I think a reasonable guess is that Gov. Palin or Attila the Hun would each receive "atta girl/boy's" from the faithful.  Similar arguments could be said for whoever Obama had picked, although Hillary might have stretched my argument to the hilt (probably more than stretched it - talk about love or hate!).

That's not who this pick (Palin) was intended to address.  It is intended to address the independent/undecided voter, not the true believers.  Seriously, how do you think that will play?  Remember, unlike most folks on this board, these folks don't wake up with Rush every morning and think he is an idiot.  They are not sure about either candidate at this point.

What specifically do you think in her "story" will appeal to these folks and what specifically do you think she'll have to over come.

I'm not trying to bait you guys.  We agree to disagree on much, which is fine.  I do think there are some good minds on this board and I'm sure you have objectively thought about this pick.  Again, inquiring minds want to know.

;D

TB

troutphisher

As I said in a previous thread, I think it was purely a political move. She was picked to try and pick up the independent and fence sitting women who would have voted a an Obama/Hillary ticket.

Palin was a safe move, she has just enough experience to make her viable, but not enough to create skeletons yet. The lack of experience will not become an issue, because it cuts both ways.
Palin has more executive experience then the rest of the field.

Now both parties have a chance at making history, the playing field has become level.
The move to nominate Palin, has all but stolen the spot light from Obama, a well time move, and to the extent has done it's job.

Only the independent voters and Hillary fence sitters will now make the difference. I think McCain/Palin will pick the required votes to get in. according to Rasmussen polling 28% of the Hillary women voters are up for grabs, McCain only needs 10% of them, in contrast to Obama's needing at least 80% of them.

Same Ole politics as usual, Obama only picked Byden to offset his sort comings. It's funny to see Obama for change, yet revert to politics as usual, he's a politician not some great savior as most Dem's believe.

I listen to his speech, it was well delivered. However it was the same old message, nothing new, just a better delivery.

Obama needed at least a 15% bump in the polls, and only carried 8%. The race is definitely on!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Al

Quote from: stonedfly17 on August 30, 2008, 08:43:09 AM
The fact that it's not a tourist destination has nothing to do with it. It's a Wildlife Refuge, not Pigeon Forge. Those rigs look like shit, look at the photo Fire-fly posted. Why screw up some pristine land? Offshore rigs aren't even noticeable from shore. I'll bet Teddy Roosevelt (probably the greatest President...EVER!) is rolling in his fucking grave.

Try to put some of that frozen tundra and caribou dung in your gas tank and see how far it will get you.

Fact is, our economy is driven by energy and without it we will revert back to pre-Thomas Edison days. Anwar has proven oil reserves - I say go for it at the same time we are looking for alternatives which are a long way out on the horizon.

Pea

Biden is Obama's attack dog. Biden cannot attack a mother of 5 whose youngest has down syndrome. He will look evil. Point 1

Catholic vote. Point 2

Alaska=thoughts of energy policy. Energy is at the top of this list for voters. Point 3

Hillary 'she's a woman so I support her' supporters who are still looking for someone to stand behind will love it Point 4

Governor Point 5

Hasn't aired 30 years of baggage Point 6

Personally, I find this to be one of the most politically smart moves I've ever seen. Its a done deal boys, get used to it. It'll be McCain/Palin.

Trout Maharishi

I have a confession concerning her, I'm all those babies real daddy  >:D ;D ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 30, 2008, 14:21:28 PM
I have a confession concerning her, I'm all those babies real daddy  >:D ;D ;hb

Lets look at your past accomplishments.

Paris
Madonna
Nichole

Now Sarah.........

Holy one, whats your secrete mojo? I need some of that.  0--0
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

Many come to Nepal looking, looking, for the type of enlightenment I am able to offer. They think the knowledge that has been passed to me from the Dali Lama will be genetically passed to the offspring, I'm not going to tell them any different either. ;hb There have been many others, I generally try to be discrete. Here is just a sampling >:D ;D

Nicole Kidman
Britney and her little sister
Angelina Jolie
Reese Witherspoon
Ashlee Simpson
Not to mention that faggot Clay Aiken's surrogate, now way I was gonna just let him artificially inseminate that poor girl.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Ya, I bet that Clay Aiken doesn't even have the common courtesy to give a reach around.

Woolly Bugger

Holy Cow! She doesn't look too conservative in this shot!
;hb

TM you got any better shots?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!