News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Don't bother to ask..

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 24, 2008, 22:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

you wouldn't believe me even if I told you..

I drove up to the river this evening and was fishing by 7:00. Not in one of my usual locations, there were a pack of rug rats along with mom and dad chucking worms. Not that I mind a family out fishing. I thought that was pretty cool, but there was such a racket on the river that I headed off in another direction.

Worked some decent water, missed a few, caught a few, nothing worth breaking out the camera for though. I got to the far side of the river and fished up against the bank. I was getting late and the river was surprisingly deep where I attempted to wade back to the near shore and back to the car. I had to find the ledges and snake around a bit to avoid getting everything wet.

Finally I got back up to the car and decided to give this spot a try. First cast a little short, worked it out. Second cast was the money shot. White water exploded out of the pocket and the fight was on. Good strong runs and head shaking weren't enough to escape. I struggled with the fish, rod and camera for a bit, got the hero shot. Was working on taking another pic and the fish broke my grip and swam off. It took a Gartside Gurgler white with rubber legs that I tied up this afternoon. What was almost a slow couple of hours became a memorable and given the location somewhat remarkable evening.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

At least 18", but I'm calling it 20", whatcha think?

This made it all the better.

Cheers!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mstash

0--0
What a way to finish a day

Trout Maharishi

Big fish, nice sunset, cold yeng-yang.............................what a day ;hb
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Beeeeeeeeeyoooootiful...........
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Discomidge

Total suckage all the way around.

Kim 8)

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Discomidge on July 25, 2008, 22:31:48 PM
Total suckage all the way around.

Kim 8)

I caught one that was smaller than the one in your Hero Shot.... I tried to get a pic of the little bastard but he slipped away....

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutrus

Nice pics Woolly. Beautiful fish.  0--0

With all the beers to choose from, I hate to see you drinking the "Beer of Scabs".  :(

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutrus on July 26, 2008, 06:51:19 AM

With all the beers to choose from, I hate to see you drinking the "Beer of Scabs".  :(

Didn't know you were a Union man
'
Yuengling Gives Union The Boot
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

I liked it before, now I won't drink anything else >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

PhilG

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on July 26, 2008, 09:15:38 AM

'
8@S I'm going dowh to buy a 6pack now that I know that.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: PhilG on November 18, 2008, 08:48:52 AM

'

look at the original post date: «  on: July 24, 2008, 11:52:36 PM »
me -There's a season?

troutrus

Quote from: PhilG on November 18, 2008, 08:48:52 AM

'

Another big shot .10Cent millionaire that would rather back big business than the working man.
I remember when that piss was the cheapest crap in the store. Those scumbags now have folks convinced that they've got something special and you're foolish enough to buy. Good for you. 

Beetle

Sounds to me like Mr. Yuengling is an astute and saavy business owner.  More power to him.

Beetle

Quote from: troutrus on November 19, 2008, 15:31:04 PM
Quote from: Beetle on November 19, 2008, 10:56:30 AM
Sounds to me like Mr. Yuengling is an astute and saavy business owner.  More power to him.

Yeah right. Next step is to go to temporary workers, illegals if he can get them.

After a career in management with several large Corporations where I banged heads with union members and officials on a regular basis, I never thought I would feel the way I do now. But, the way big business is fucking over the working class in this country, I think folks need a union now more than ever.

The employees dumped the union- not Yuengling.  The employees still have their jobs, get 100% of healthcare coverage and got a 3% raise.  Seems to me the only ones bitching about it are the Teamsters.    What am I missing here?

walt

What am I missing here?

jimmy?

[attachment=1]

wally, always willing and unable to butt in and help....
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy