yadkin river float 7-01-08

Started by lepomis_mcro, July 02, 2008, 19:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

since the new river was looking like it might be running high. my fishing pal steve, and myself decided to give the yadkin river float a shot.

it starts at the kerr scott tailwater, and the winds its way some 6 miles later to the take out point in smoot park wilkesboro.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

let me warn you the float is a beast in a toon. there are some good streatches of what feel like still water. although im sure there is a slight current only from watching leaves on the water surface.

as for the fishing. it has a grab bag feel to it. because as the day went on i was never sure what i was going to get on the other end of my line.

there are trout iin the faster water.

in the slower water you might hook into carp, or red-breast

anywhere from the put in to the take out. the river seams to be peppered with hard fighting smallies.

so if you have a day to kill and the new is blown out.. the yadkin still offers smallies on the fly.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

croaker

Grand report and pictures!!!

Looks like a nice stretch to float.  Trout, Redbreast and Smallies on one trip is hard to beat.

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

troutrus

Very nice. Looks like you had a great day.

Woolly Bugger

cool, although I fished the New last night and it wasn't bad at all... the water was up a little and stained but not muddy and although the bite wasn't too good I did catch a few and had a hog on the line that jumped and somersaulted around and then got under a ledge and broke me off   :'(
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

StoneflyJoe

Good stuff ;hb But trout in the yadkin? Who woulda thunk it ;D

Joe