News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

yadkin river float 7-01-08

Started by lepomis_mcro, July 02, 2008, 19:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lepomis_mcro

since the new river was looking like it might be running high. my fishing pal steve, and myself decided to give the yadkin river float a shot.

it starts at the kerr scott tailwater, and the winds its way some 6 miles later to the take out point in smoot park wilkesboro.

let me warn you the float is a beast in a toon. there are some good streatches of what feel like still water. although im sure there is a slight current only from watching leaves on the water surface.

as for the fishing. it has a grab bag feel to it. because as the day went on i was never sure what i was going to get on the other end of my line.

there are trout iin the faster water.

in the slower water you might hook into carp, or red-breast

anywhere from the put in to the take out. the river seams to be peppered with hard fighting smallies.

so if you have a day to kill and the new is blown out.. the yadkin still offers smallies on the fly.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

croaker

Grand report and pictures!!!

Looks like a nice stretch to float.  Trout, Redbreast and Smallies on one trip is hard to beat.

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

troutrus

Very nice. Looks like you had a great day.

Woolly Bugger

cool, although I fished the New last night and it wasn't bad at all... the water was up a little and stained but not muddy and although the bite wasn't too good I did catch a few and had a hog on the line that jumped and somersaulted around and then got under a ledge and broke me off   :'(
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

StoneflyJoe

Good stuff ;hb But trout in the yadkin? Who woulda thunk it ;D

Joe