Caught a nice one today!

Started by Al, June 09, 2008, 18:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Caught a nice one today

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

way to go Al, btw what did you catch 'em on???
>:D
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 09, 2008, 20:57:33 PM
way to go Al, btw what did you catch 'em on???
>:D

Thought no one would ever ask.

#12 Allieworm on a dropper underneath a bass size popper - was fishing for bream.

He hit just as soon as it entered the water. Thought it was a catfish at first. Sometimes catch them eating the bream eggs off the bream beds. Guess this one was eating the bream. That particular bream bed was huge but we only caught 2-3 bream off it. Figure that big bass chased all the bream back to deep water.

lepomis_mcro

so hogzilla is real... i bet he is full of gills :)
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutrus

That's a beauty Al.  0--0

Jordan??

Al

Quote from: troutrus on June 10, 2008, 07:49:32 AM
That's a beauty Al.  0--0

Jordan??

Sharon Harris - Probably mutated from all that exposure to nuclear waste. That's probably why I am so ugly too, as it is my favorite crappie, bream and bass lake. We caught about 30 keeper crappie and 75 keeper bream yesterday (Crappie on curly tail jig and at least half the bream on my AW dropper set up). We put the bass back in to grow a little more - Quit at noon. Got so hot that if we had not placed the fish on ice they would have fried or stewed in their own juice.

Woolly Bugger

Al,

Are you tying up some Allieworms on #2 Salmon hooks for AK???? 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Gofisher

Nice bass there Al. Fine job! 
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

kylemc

nice one I'd reckon...solid Al 0--0

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on June 10, 2008, 08:25:45 AM
Al,

Are you tying up some Allieworms on #2 Salmon hooks for AK???? 

Yes - why did you even have to ask? ???

Actually I have tied some on a long shanked streamer style hook size 4 - They proved effective that way on steelhead and kings in upstate New York last fall. Think of it as a reverse egg sucking leech.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Z-Man

That is one heckuva nice fish.  Well done. 0--0
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

Stuart R.

Dang nice one Al. So how big was it?

STU
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Al

Quote from: Stuart R. on June 14, 2008, 00:09:58 AM
Dang nice one Al. So how big was it?

STU

No scale so we didn't weigh it. Measured it on one of those tape on rulers on side of boat = 22 1/2 inches. Big mouth, you could place your fist in it. (My guess is about 5-6 pounds maybe a little more)