News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The Benchside Introduction to Fly Tying

Started by Creek Scum, June 03, 2008, 19:51:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Creek Scum

I recently purchased this book for my son who is just starting to tie. It is a great book for beginners and will take you well into the intermediate level. I really like the split page arraignment and the spiral binding.  Wish I would have had one when I started tying.

David
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

Fire-Fly

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

glassfisher

Great book, it's what I used when starting to learnfly tying.  Highly recommended for anyone wants to tie trout flies!   ;D
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

Creek Scum

Like Woolly said, it was $29.70 and I got The Fly Tier's Benchside Reference for myself at $63.00. Both books for less than the retail price of the Reference. And of course, I got them from Amazon using the link here on the BRFFF.  0--0

David
you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason

Fire-Fly

Creekscum.... The Benchside Reference is what i was looking to get, i will chack Amazon. Thanks for sharing.

Al

Assuming we are talking about the Intro book by Ted Lesson & Jim Schoollmeyer, I have it and highly recommend it.

Couple things I like about it:

Spiral bound so it lays flat

Good photos with step by step instructions

Pages are cut in half so that each recipe is on top and when they talk you through next step they reference how to do it on a tutorial page at the bottom - you can turn to that page without losing your recipe. (this is a grear feature)

Price was about 50% off list price when ordered through Amazon (Use Woolly's link so he gets a little cut to help pay for this board ;D)