News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

LL Bean's Wicked Tough Waders

Started by Woolly Bugger, May 05, 2008, 15:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I needed a new pair of waders last year and didn't want to break the bank with a new pair of Simms, so with a combo gift certificate I ordered a pair on LL Bean's Wicked Tough Wader, Gore Tex, LL Bean 100% satisfaction guarantee and all that. Well I've been pretty happy with them and they preformed will, that is until this spring when I've been sitting crouched down in the S. Holston River to take pictures and I found out that they leak, right in the crotch! Major bummer, I thought about using the included repair kit but the leak was over suck a large area that I knew it wouldn't hold for long. So I printed out a return form and sent them off last Tuesday, I got an email this morning saying that they are processing the return.

I hope the new pair doesn't develop the same seam problem...

Stay tuned.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

They shipped a new pair Fedx today  ;D
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutphisher

I wouldn't let a little leak in the nards stop you from feeesh'in.

Woowe the blue balled aficionado  0--0

LOL...........TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Got the new pair on Thursday, can't wait to try 'em out!  ;hb
me -There's a season?

TROUTMASTER3000

at least you bought them from LLBean and they have that amazing warrenty... ;hb ;hb
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

wvyou

Hey Wooly,

I have a seam that leaks in one of the articulated knees...very minor and it only leeks in rushing water...but then again I've only had the waders a year. 

I've yet to decide what I want to do.  This pair was a replacement for a pair of West Branch waders that had poor seams in the neoprene feet.  It's the best pair they make, and I like Bean products, but I may have to move on to Simms. 

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: wvyou on May 16, 2008, 15:51:35 PM
Hey Wooly,

I have a seam that leaks in one of the articulated knees...very minor and it only leeks in rushing water...but then again I've only had the waders a year. 

I've yet to decide what I want to do.  This pair was a replacement for a pair of West Branch waders that had poor seams in the neoprene feet.  It's the best pair they make, and I like Bean products, but I may have to move on to Simms. 

I thought I'd give LL another shot... the wet ass thing wasn't working and there wasn't anyway to repair them, for $300 they should last more than ten months.... I almost did an upgrade to Simms. I have a pair of Simms Guide Pants and they've never leaked like the LL's -- Wicked Tough??? my ass.. lol
me -There's a season?