Fish and cookout May 31

Started by Fire-Fly, April 30, 2008, 07:39:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

Wanted to start this now so everyone can plan for it. The " Fish the Smith river and cookout" is coming up on may 31. It will begin with a day of fishing at 8:30 a.m. at the mirror factory and then at 3:30 we will have a cookout at the base of the philpott dam at 3:30. We will have a drawing for door prizes and we are also going to have a drawing for an orvis clearwater 9ft. 4pcs 5wt rod. You can go to www.smithrivertu.com for more details and directions.

Al

This is a great opportunity for all you folks who keep saying "I really should fish the Smith" to give it a try. We will have a lot of the "Smith River Regulars" there to show you the river, including parking spots, river access, etc. We will even fish with you to show you what has worked for us in the past.

We had a good turn out for a similar event last year. Lots of camaraderie and good food at the end. We hope to have the same this year. As an added bonus we are inviting the COE, DGIF biologists and the DGIF CPO's to come by for the cookout and hopefully share a few words with us about how they view the Smith River fishery.

Trout Maharishi

Me and the Dali Lama wanna fish with your women, any good looking ones? Any midgets? ;D ;)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Al

It took us awhile but we finally found a good looking midget desperate enough to fish with TM - Now for the rest of you, you will have to settle for one of the "Smith River Regulars", one of whom was a runner-up in the "Gals in Waders" selection for 2007.

Seriously folks we hope you will join us at 08:30am at the Mirror Factory on Saturday, May 31st for some Smith River fishing and a cookout at the base of the dam later on that day.

Great opportunity to learn a little more about the closest trout water to many of us. We also have some great items, to include an Orvis rod, to raffle off at the cookout.

lepomis_mcro

i will be driving up from statesville nc, if anyone needs a lift PM me.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Woolly Bugger

Al, I think we are going to be on Shit Ridge or fishing the Jackson.. if those plans change I'll be there for the cook-out!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 20, 2008, 20:04:30 PM
Al, I think we are going to be on Shit Ridge or fishing the Jackson.. if those plans change I'll be there for the cook-out!

This would be a great chance for the Alaskan crew to firm up plans. If you miss it we are electing you as cook - you also have to "walk point" when we head into bear country.

Al

Quote from: troutrus on May 25, 2008, 06:43:15 AM
Do you have to fish to participate in the cookout and raffle?

No, and in your case it is just as well you don't embarrass yourself by falling in or coming up with a skunk >:D  (I may not fish for the same reason - my excuse will be I have to set up the tent and hold down the picnic area)

Seriously, all are welcome to drop by for a burger, hot dog, etc and some good camaraderie.

We have invited DGIF, not sure if they will show. If they don't you can represent them and tell us what you're seeing during your creel surveys.