News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tye River 4/9/08

Started by ColdOnTheShoulder, April 09, 2008, 15:00:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdOnTheShoulder

Had an afternoon with some fishing potential so I headed to the upper Tye yesterday. I got up there late and after setting up camp tried a little brookie fishing. I had several strikes but only brought one to the bank. Had a new experience; the beautiful 11-ish inch brookie snapped the hook off of my royal wulf and swam off. I took it as a sign and gave up for the evening. This morning I had to get back to work so I woke up and packed the car quickly. Made a deal with the lady that if I could fish a little I'd buy her lunch. Cast number 7 pulled up this nice brookie, my first true VA native. Sorry for the bad pics, the only camera I had was my phone. I'll be heading back soon to try out the lower stretches for some browns.

peter p

Peter

natureboy

Very nice.   Excellent screen name too.   0--0

Beetle

Quote from: natureboy on April 09, 2008, 21:46:44 PM
Very nice.   Excellent screen name too.   0--0

Yeah!  Tony Rice or Gordon Lightfoot fan?  Both?

I fish the Tye a lot but further downstream.  Looks like you had a good day.  Thanks for posting! 0--0

ColdOnTheShoulder

Thanks guys!  0--0 I am a Gordon Lightfoot fan but I'm an absolute Tony Rice nut, so that's the true inspiration for the name.

Beetle- How's the fishing downstream? Is it all stocked bows and browns? I really wanted some brookie action this time so I headed up further but I'll be checking out downstream soon. :)

Beetle

Mostly private- there is not a lot of access. 

Once the Tye gets down to the valley it becomes very good smallmouth water.  I fish from Massie's Mill all the way down to where it hits the James.  It is good.

kylemc

Fire-Fly

Quote from: Beetle on April 10, 2008, 10:05:59 AM
Mostly private- there is not a lot of access. 

Once the Tye gets down to the valley it becomes very good smallmouth water.  I fish from Massie's Mill all the way down to where it hits the James.  It is good.

I;ll have to agree, i like to fish the Tye down near where it meets the James, i have caught a 5 lb smallie there years back, at one time there were some good fish in there.