News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

catawba river float

Started by Aspen, March 10, 2008, 10:42:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

the last three days of generation has been good for floating the cat..... naturally, i'm stuck here in the shop  :'(

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Mstash

A buddy of mine spoke with a few guy's on Sunday at Bridgwater as they were putting in a Drift Boat. The Ramp was blocked with tree Trimming Trucks.
Was it anyone on this Board?

How did you do?

Mstash

walt

floatin'..... i'll be here thursday  0--0

this is a google earth pic of the last island/shoals about a mile above the watermill takeout....
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Aspen

I was the boat on Sunday.  The generation schedule on Saturday night was no generators.  you can imagine my suprise on Sunday mornin when we get to the put in and it is running two wheels.   My first time on the river so I was being cautious.  We waited until noon when the water shut down.   it is a bit rocky. (understatement) The caddis (swarm) hatch was pretty amazing, even the black caddis.  Saw a few rising fish.  I had two novices in the boat who had never fished from a drift boat, so it was an interesting day;  few fish taken.  one generator would be ideal.  Do they run one gnerator?  The trucks were a pain, so we put in on the steps next to the pier.  yes, that was my fiberglass....

Mstash

My buddy was the guy with the two Labs
We wer on the phone when you were putting in
1 generation is best
Any size?

walt

New Toll Free # 800-829-5253, it replaces 828-584-1451

You have to punch a bunch of numbers to get the Bridgewater release schedule.

Monty ran into someone experiencing the same problem on Saturday. I ran up Sunday morning and saw the same situation but didn't see anyone putting in. Asplundh were the culprits that blocked the access ramp with two big tree removal trucks..... can you believe that shit....  o-o

I'm floating it 'morrow with zac and the dawg.... sked release is 7-10 which should be good for some dry fly action when the water falls.

I'll take some pics with the new camera...olympus stylus 790..... it's "wallyproof".... water and shock resistant  ;D

see ya on da ribber...

walt

— Cormac McCarthy

walt

Quote from: walt on March 19, 2008, 07:25:27 AM
N

I'm floating it 'morrow with zac and the dawg.... sked release is 7-10 which should be good for some dry fly action when the water falls.

bummer, the rains have muddied up muddy creek and the river wouldn't be a pleasant fish today..... will try again saturday....

walt
— Cormac McCarthy

malloryct

Well did any of you guys ever get in a float?  I'm just currious to see how u did and what it was like.  I don't live very far from the Cat and I'm chomping at the bit to fish it.  I just need to buy me a canoe or some type of small boat.  Which do u think would be best for this river?

walt

Quote from: malloryct on April 09, 2008, 07:55:22 AM
Well did any of you guys ever get in a float?  I'm just currious to see how u did and what it was like.  I don't live very far from the Cat and I'm chomping at the bit to fish it.  I just need to buy me a canoe or some type of small boat.  Which do u think would be best for this river?

we floated it a week and a half ago.... good but kinda slow day, 10-12 fish.

pontoon boat is the way to go.... stop by our shop in morganton, intro yourself, and you can see some pontoon boats.

walt
— Cormac McCarthy