Raplh (ODG3)
9 (8.5%)
Alfred E. Newman
4 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 101

cmiller51h

Quote from: trout_boy_II on August 28, 2008, 15:31:49 PM
Quote from: cmiller51h on August 27, 2008, 22:55:54 PM
`You know, back when this country was founded, the Founding Fathers set it up so that white male landowners voted on important matters such as who was President and congressman or Senators. That kept dumbasses from doing like some do today, ie, "I'm voting for Obama because he has soft eyes." What kinda shit is that!? My boss thinks that you ought to have to pass an IQ test in order to vote. He may be right! Too many people vote for stupid reasons and the politicians from both side exploit this. Hell, we started out with some decent candidates from both parties and ended up with these two!? Damn, I could do better than either of them. What's up with this country!? o-o

What's up with this country?  That's simple dumba$$ - it's called Freedom.  And that's "inportant" (sic) to many of us.

(What an idiot.)   ???
TB

PS - If one applied your "rules" to qualifications to run for President, I doubt our sitting President would have made the cut. 

PPS Actually, I'll vote for him because I like his hair! :-*

Well while you're callin me a dumbass, I was just saying that's how the country was set up! I don't like EITHER one of them! And I didn't say that not everyone deserves a vote. What I said was everyone that votes should know what the hell their voting for! 90% of the people voting don't do their homework. a lot of those that vote don't have a stake in this either way other than they might get something free thrown at them off the taxpayer's table. Well I'm a taxpayer and I'm tiered of seeing my money go down the drain! The only thing I hear out of Obamy's camp is "Change!" What kind of change? Who's going to pay for it? Where WILL the money come from? He sounds more like a Socailist! Take from the middle class, becuase the rich aint gunna give it up and give it to everyone who does'nt want to work! Ask France how that's working! I don't care for McCain, but he's going to be the lesser of the 2 evils! I've defended this country for 26 years in the military. ( what have you done for it lately?) Not all of them have been great! During Clinton's terms, he thought we were scum! Military uniforms weren't even allowed at the White House unless there was a press conference. My son is in Basic Training right now, and I don't want to see that sort of thing happen to him. I've been quite happy to have Bush in the WH.  Sure, he's made some mistakes, but We're a damned site better off with him than we would have been with the inventor of the internet, Gore! If Obama gets in, I think you're going to see a side of him you're not real familiar with.
So vote for him if you like his hair...that truly shows who the dumbass really is.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

troutphisher

McCain just picked Sarah Palin and his VP........Brilliant or Stupid?

I would have to say Brilliant, and this is why. With all the women voters Obama has left on the table, by not picking Hillary as his VP, the way was paved to pick up those votes. From a political sense, it was a classic maneuver.

For years, the politicians have always played to win at all cost, blinded by power. It has been more so by the Democrats then Republicans. but both are guilty. This pick of Sarah Palin was a chess move, played brilliantly. The Dem's really have no way of discrediting her, with out discrediting themselves....LOL

Caught between a rock and hard place.

This race just got way more interesting.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

5xTippett

Before 1860 South Carolina required a person to own 50 acres of land to vote if he lived in the country, or a lot if he lived in town.  The only taxes were property taxes.  Thus, if you had not put any money in the kitty, you had no sayso on how it was spent.  Makes perfectly good sense to me.  It would not hurt my feelings if the vote were limited to taxpayers and people with military service today.

trout_boy_II

cmmiller -

Please re-read your post.  Perhaps that's not what you meant to say (I've been guilty of that myself more than once), but I don't think I was jumping the gun on commenting on your "dumbass" post.  That was not a pro Obama post from me, that was a pro America post from me. 

As for the rest of your post, that's not what the constitution sez.  It does say you need to be a citizen, be a certain age, and meet a few other state requirements, but that it is your right as a citizen to vote, even if that vote is viewed by some as "dumbass".  I think that's a reasonable definition of "freedom" in our country.  Frankly, I almost posted what would have been an even more disliked post by you, drawing references to ...

Well, I almost did it again and I would bet it wouldn't apply to you, but even if it did, it wouldn't be an appropriate discussion for this board (yes I read the rules) so I'll leave it at that.  Conservative is one thing.  Your post went beyond that in my opinion.  That's why I responded the way I did.  You may not be a dumbass, but I think that was a fair assessment of your post.

My $.02.

TB

trout_boy_II

Quote from: troutphisher on August 29, 2008, 12:06:44 PM
McCain just picked Sarah Palin and his VP........Brilliant or Stupid?

I would have to say Brilliant, and this is why. With all the women voters Obama has left on the table, by not picking Hillary as his VP, the way was paved to pick up those votes. From a political sense, it was a classic maneuver.

For years, the politicians have always played to win at all cost, blinded by power. It has been more so by the Democrats then Republicans. but both are guilty. This pick of Sarah Palin was a chess move, played brilliantly. The Dem's really have no way of discrediting her, with out discrediting themselves....LOL

Caught between a rock and hard place.

This race just got way more interesting.

Who?  I rest my case.

TB

overbrook

Liberals are walking around holding thier crotch because they just got kicked in the family jewels.....McCain's pick of Palin not only seals the fate of Buttcrack Obama IMHO ...but royally screws the hilldabeast in 2012...She can no longer run on the platform that she's a woman....because she's gonna be facing one....and one with more common sense and decency than Hillary is gonna be able to deal with.....and the experience is going to be heavily in Palin's favor.  Hell....this country is headed in a positive direction afterall... ;hb

stonedfly17

Overbrook, I think you've got something on your chin. I'm not sure, but it looks to be Rush Limbaugh's ballsack. You should definitely get that checked out. Must be hard to eat and such.  :j

trout_boy_II

Quote from: stonedfly17 on August 30, 2008, 08:39:13 AM
Overbrook, I think you've got something on your chin. I'm not sure, but it looks to be Rush Limbaugh's ballsack. You should definitely get that checked out. Must be hard to eat and such.  :j

0--0;D ;D ;D ;D

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: stonedfly17 on August 30, 2008, 08:39:13 AM

Stonedfly, see rule #1. Got something to say, fine, no need to go there though.  Rush is a media personality and entrainer. I don't pay any more attention to what he has to say than Jerry Springer, Oprah or Dr Phil. You probably don't even vote, or if you have voted, what you've voted maybe once? When you move out of your parents basement and start paying taxes and trying to raise your own family maybe reality will set in. I know it did for me.

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

overbrook

Stonedfly17   ... At least I don't suck on the government titty for my living....maybe if you were'nt wanting the governement to support your dumb ass you would'nt think like a liberal  ::)

Al

The Democrats Dream Ticket  ;D  0--0   ;D

stonedfly17

Overbrook, megadidos! ;D The Great Maharishi, you watch Oprah...and Dr. Phil? ??? I'd like for you to know that the only titties I suck are of those of a beautiful 26 year old woman...you know, the kind that you stroke it to on the internet. :j Had to get you back for calling me a shit-throwing Obama worshipping monkey. No harm intended, just having a little fun. 0--0 Honestly, I'm not a fan of our welfare system either and wouldn't make use of it even if I was put in a postion where I had access to it. I've got skills, these skills could get me a variety of different jobs. Not a fan of freeloading, sorry-ass people who are physically able to work that just sit on their asses all day waiting for the gubment check and cheese wagon to roll through. Also, I'm not a liberal. I consider myself to be moderate and I'm actually fiscally conservative (unlike our current President and the current Republican nominee). I pay taxes (I'm a Realtor (self-employed), so I get RAPED on April 15th) and I hate to see my money wasted by dumbass politicians on dumbass shit that doesn't work the way it was designed to. I don't have an affiliation with any political parties (registered independent, i vote for people...not donkeys and elephants) and I'm sick of having just two of them. The current system doesn't work, too much bitching at the other side and nobody willing to compromise. Two different "truths" on everything. Blame it all on the other side. Obama talks about "change" and I don't hear the words, I just smell a big, steamy pile of bullshit through my smell-o-vision television. He's a politician, just like most of the other politicians out there. Saying whatever they have to say to get votes. He's not changing shit and neither is McCain. I think it's time we threw ALL of them out and started over again. Now, that could never possibly happen so I'll just hope that sometime in the near future a new political movement will rise up and we'll end up with a strong third party. Now, y'all see where I stand on a few things and we probably agree on some issues, but anything extreme right OR extreme left really gets under my skin. I have equal hatred for both parties.  o-o

5xTippett

Stonedfly, I just got back in from fishing out of town and read your post to Overbrook.  That has got to be one of the most disgusting posts I have ever read on a fishing forum.   Also, obviously you must not be aware that the Democratic party is the one in favor of gay marriages. 

overbrook

Stonedfly...I don't remember calling you anything....and I'm a big boy...I can take a little name calling and harmless stabs or I would'nt have come here. Now...as far as what you claim to be...a moderate ...is just someone who has'nt made up his mind where he stands IMHO  just because I don't waiver on my political beliefs does'nt make me extreme...just means I have made up my mind what is right and what is wrong.   0--0

Oldman

Disclamer Note:

Overbrook came over here so as to state his political views because he would be more than chastised (sp) on SEFF. Am I right or wrong? SEFF would not only delete the thread, they would give it the axe by there so called moderators that moderate the way they what things seen to the good of thier site and themselves.

If so, at least listen to what he and OTHERS got to say.

Then, and only then smite the hell out of him. ;D ;D ;D

I like verbal conflict as long as no one has absolute power.

An open forum is not open without freedom of speech for both.