Trout in Madison County?

Started by TROUTMASTER3000, March 17, 2008, 15:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TROUTMASTER3000

My doctor just told me that she sees people fishing right when you enter Madison County off river ridge road.  I think she must be referring to the northern French Broad..??  If this is so does anyone know how to fish it?  Or if it is even worth fishing?? If this is not the correct stream she is talking about let me know.  She said follow river ridge from UNCA turnaround and it is about 12-15 miles up from there.  I live in North Asheville and have been trying to find a good fishery closer than the Brevard area... And yes I know the N. Mills is only 30 min away.... But if anyone knows about this river or others close to my area please let me know.  Thanks
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

TROUTMASTER3000

Thanks a lot... I didnt know this website existed... This will help so much in discovering new streams!! ;hb.  Have you ever fished spring creek??? Because I guess that is what she was talking about... I mean there are no roads here so I cant really tell anything but is spring creek any good?
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

Z-Man

t3k - you need to get a copy of NC Trout Fishing Maps.  It is a publication of the NC Wildlife Commission.  You can order it online for $12 or get it at your local sporting outlet - I got mine at my local Great Outdoor Provisions - and they charge $12 too.
Here's the online site:
http://www.wildlife.state.nc.us/fs_index_03_fishing.htm
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

kylemc

Spring Creek or Laurel DH Knock yourself out.....

TROUTMASTER3000

i guess that means there not anything special... o-o.  Thanks guys
AMERICA RULES

Z-Man

There may be, but I am too new to know about the special streams.  I do know that the Trout Map book has me drooling over all the hundreds of streams and 3000 miles of trout streams in NC.  sorry I can't be of more help.
Z
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

trout_boy_II

Quote from: Z-Man on March 18, 2008, 10:08:12 AM
There may be, but I am too new to know about the special streams.  I do know that the Trout Map book has me drooling over all the hundreds of streams and 3000 miles of trout streams in NC.  sorry I can't be of more help.
Z

Z i Man , you offered him fair advice and as personal as anybody will get on this board.  TM 3000, you can not expect folks to give up the information you're asking for on this board - particularly in an open forum.  If that's why you're here, I suggest you look elsewhere.

TB

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 17, 2008, 21:10:27 PM
i guess that means there not anything special... o-o.  Thanks guys

go fish and and post a report and stop whining!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutfreak

Guys dont be so hard on him, He is young......remember when you first got the hook for fly fishing and you were seeking all the info you could??????  So, just remember you were him once not to long ago, well, some may be long ago.  I think Z Man gave you best advice, if you start asking directions or rivers/streams to fish, they will not give up the spots so the whole world can see.  Of course, if you ask TP and he will be straight up with you and probably offer to take you fishing, if you dont aggravate him.

TROUTMASTER3000

I guarentee u that TP will never take me fishing in my entire life.  Z i really appreciate it... and i guess ill just stop asking about streams but i really dont see what the big deal is... fly fishing is not about being snobby and hiding information about rivers for me.  To see that it is for others makes me kind of sad.  I have met many "professional" (as in they do it for a living) fishing people and none have been so "scared" to share their knowledge.  Thats all im really looking for on this forum not some secret formula!  Thanks for your replies.  Ill buy that book as soon as possible.  When was I whining?
AMERICA RULES

High Pine

Troutmaster since you are still in school think of it like this. Say you find out your parents are going out of town and they say you can have 2 of your best friends over.  Well 1 of your friends says something to a class mate and next thing you know the whole class shows up and destroys your house. These spots are special because not many people know about them.

TROUTMASTER3000

Dude, I feel you on that.... I guess its just unfortunate that its almost impossible for someone like me to FIND these spots... My parents are not into fishing... and my grandparents are loooonnngg gone... I just dont know how Im supossed to find them for myself... HAHA I guess that is the point precisely.. Not to find them for my self.. Thanks for your honesty.
AMERICA RULES

High Pine

I say go find a good DH and fish your ass off. you never know who you might meet there. And by the way if you do find out one of those spots, swing a PM my way ;D

troutphisher

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 18, 2008, 14:32:07 PM
I guarentee u that TP will never take me fishing in my entire life.

I'll make you a deal.

If you can chill out for 2 weeks. (that means no more smart ass replies, no wining about locations of streams) and just listen and learn from the members of this forum.

I'll take you fishing.

But remember this.....I'll fish with anybody once, some only once.

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.