News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Trout in Madison County?

Started by TROUTMASTER3000, March 17, 2008, 15:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Pine

Hey guys don't leave the kid hanging. The joke about the Dalli Lama wasn't for you, it was for another board member. And don't be afraid to post or reply to a post, just take time to think about what you are going to post. Plus you make my smites not look so bad. Good luck, I think its great to have someone that age wanting to fish and not be into  gangs or other trouble.

StriperSwiper

Geez... I believe we are giving someone a hard time when all he really wants is a little advice...

Although, those spots just might be "secret"... We could at least guide him to some direction... I mean where would you go if those secert spots were never introducded to you???? Anyhow I know at the same time to keep it good you can't shed light on every pool but we could maybe help somebody...There are a ton of places to trout fish around....

I would have maybe never trout fish or fly fished for that matter if a buddy wouldn't have taken the time to ask me and tell me as well as show me... I've only been doing it for three years and now I tie, fly fish from the mountains to the coast and just about anytime I am going there is a fly rod with me...

Fishing and the outdoors keeps kids out of trouble.... Just remember that....

With that said just learn the regulations...You need to know what you are doing so you stay out of "trouble"

Fire-Fly

High Pine... dont worry about your smites, if you want more all you have to do is disagree with the wrong member of the board and watch your smites rise. :-X

See mine have gone up 20 since i posted this. ;hb

Trout Maharishi

StriperSwiper,
Go back and read all of Troutmaster's post. His problem didn't come from asking for information.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

StriperSwiper

Well I kinda see that... but I really didn't take it as whining but more as a need for more information... I think he has been given enough to get him started... Only thing I didn't see or I missed was anything on regulations... being that most of us understand and abide by regulations there are always people out there who are new to the game and may not be knowledgeable on obtaining that info...

Some may say well there fault but people do make mistakes and overlook the obvious at times... JMO...

TROUTMASTER3000

Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

High Pine

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 19, 2008, 15:18:54 PM
I love u striper.

Troutmaster, I'm tying to take up for you and you say that.   :o

Z-Man

EEEEEEEuuuuuwwwwww!  Getting icky in here real fast.
I gotta shower now.

Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

TROUTMASTER3000

I love u too HP sorry I left you out.... It was a general love  :-* HAHA
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

High Pine

No problem just like you said on a post an I quote. That would be alittle wierd.

Bloy

QuoteThere is more to fishing than getting put on a honey hole.
Very, very true.

That's what  I was trying to say.  ::)   Thanks WB  ;)

Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

TROUTMASTER3000

Guys its straight.  I really just didn't get it.  I bought the map several of you recommended to me and it will be much more gratifying to just search on my own... Appreciate it all of you.
AMERICA RULES

troutjedi

I'll let you in on a little secret, TM3K.........TP really isn't the misanthropic curmudgeon that he appears to be on this forum, he's actually one of the finest gentlemen you'll have a chance to meet (sorry to blow your cover, Karl  >:D) and he's forgotten more about fly fishing than most people know.  If you ever wanted to learn anything about fly fishing, you should definitely quit being a pecker for a week and spend a day on the water with Karl - hell, he may even give up one of his honey holes  ;D (probably not, actually....)

Most of the folks on this forum learned fly fishing the same way.  Find a stream and let the water teach you.  Meet some folks who know their stuff and get to know them.  EXPLORE!  You just have to get out there and fish every thing that looks like it will hold a fish or two.  Come back on here and post a report, no matter how miserable the fishing was, and I can almost guarantee that someone who has fished that water or the area will PM you with some little tidbit on how you can do better next time.  Trust me, I've seen it.  Great fly fishing water is sacred and folks aren't going to blab it out on an open forum, so don't ask outright and expect a serious answer.  By the same token, there's not a single person on this forum who doesn't appreciate a young feller like yourself who just wants to learn.  If you're genuine and you can prove that you have the same respect for the resource that these folks do, you're going to get a hell of an education. 

Also, you need to relax a little bit - there is a hazing process that you need to go through.  These guys are going taunt you RUTHLESSLY until you either go away or earn their respect.  It's just what we do.  Take your punches like a man and you'll be respected like a man.  Just ask Caleb B or Ditchmonkey (OK, ditchmonkey is a bad example.....just ask Caleb B  ;D)

Okee dokee..........go fish somewhere and bring us some pictures.  NOW, PISS BOY!!!!

outdoorguy3

Quote from: troutphisher on March 18, 2008, 18:14:25 PM
Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 18, 2008, 14:32:07 PM
I guarentee u that TP will never take me fishing in my entire life.

I'll make you a deal.

If you can chill out for 2 weeks. (that means no more smart ass replies, no wining about locations of streams) and just listen and learn from the members of this forum.

I'll take you fishing.

But remember this.....I'll fish with anybody once, some only once.

TP

Dang, phish, you never offered to take me fishin'!

Ralph   0--0
Life's about havin' FUN!!!