News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Trout in Madison County?

Started by TROUTMASTER3000, March 17, 2008, 15:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 18, 2008, 17:46:11 PM
Dude, I feel you on that.... I guess its just unfortunate that its almost impossible for someone like me to FIND these spots... My parents are not into fishing... and my grandparents are loooonnngg gone... I just dont know how Im supossed to find them for myself... HAHA I guess that is the point precisely.. Not to find them for my self.. Thanks for your honesty.

We gave you maps, you know where the stream are, where you live any little blue line might hold fish. Get out and follow the maps and hit the streams. There is more to fishing than getting put on a honey hole. Fish the Mills, Fish the D, Fish Swananoa.
Fish them all!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Trust and respect are not birth rights, they must be earned 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Fire-Fly

TM 3000... If you can drive up to Martinsville Va , its about an hour from Winston Salem, on May 31.. there is a fish and greet with a cookout after. I will make sure you fish with myself or someone who knows the Smith River. But as TP said, learn what you can from these guys. If someone dosent post a name just read the post and learn what you can. I started fly fishing at 16 and fished for 15 years before i ever knew anyone who fly fished. Get a Delorme map and have at it.

Bloy

There is more to fishing than getting put on a honey hole.

Very, very true.   ;)
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Bloy

Why did the quote / dark blue section not work for me?   ???
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Bloy on March 18, 2008, 20:20:23 PM
Why did the quote / dark blue section not work for me?   ???
Barry

you need and open and close quote tag

[quote]Quoted text[/quote]
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

glassfisher

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 18, 2008, 14:32:07 PM
I guarentee u that TP will never take me fishing in my entire life.  Z i really appreciate it... and i guess ill just stop asking about streams but i really dont see what the big deal is... fly fishing is not about being snobby and hiding information about rivers for me.  To see that it is for others makes me kind of sad.  I have met many "professional" (as in they do it for a living) fishing people and none have been so "scared" to share their knowledge.  Thats all im really looking for on this forum not some secret formula!  Thanks for your replies.  Ill buy that book as soon as possible.  When was I whining?

One of the things you'll learn about fly fishing is that it can't be learned from a book or video or by asking questions.  It takes time and experience on the river, and there's no substitute for that.  But that's cool and it keeps it challenging.  You need to be able to look at a river and know where the trout are and what fly to use and how to cast.  It'll help to fish with folks that can teach you, you'll learn a lot and it's one of the best ways to learn... but there's no substitute for time on a stream to develop those abilities for yourself.  You'll run across a lot of people on the forum who will offer you advice, some will be good and others only fish with guides or fish DH streams (nothing wrong with that, jest different).  Don't just focus on learning how to fish from advice on the board.  I've fished with TP acouple times and he's not scared to share info, and vice versa.  No one is scared to share info if you're cool about it, just be humble and don't come across as a dick.  It's no fun to fish with dickheads, nothing ruins a day faster.  If you want to go out fishing with folks jest stay humble.  

And that's all I've got to say about that.    ^-^
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

TROUTMASTER3000

Thanks High Pine... And everyone else... Ill take u up on that TP.  Ill lay low for a couple of weeks.  I think I just got too excited when I found out about this forum and said some stupid shit... Well I guess the next time I post will be in a couple weeks... Hopefully with a fishing report.  Until next time lol.
TM...

P.S. I still dont get that joke that that guy posted about me about the Dolli Lama... I wont say anything but will someone make a post cause someone called me stupid again.
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

Oldman

Wished I had a nickle for everytime somebody thought I said something stupid. ;D

Good Luck on your fishing trip.

Oldman

SOB! This kid is smart. I just read the rest of the posts. Hey Phish, If (When) I act like TM3 will you take me fishing??????????????

glassfisher

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 18, 2008, 21:17:18 PM
P.S. I still dont get that joke that that guy posted about me about the Dolli Lama... I wont say anything but will someone make a post cause someone called me stupid again.

Mama says, "stupid is as stupid does".
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

troutphisher

Quote from: Oldman on March 18, 2008, 21:44:02 PM
SOB! This kid is smart. I just read the rest of the posts. Hey Phish, If (When) I act like TM3 will you take me fishing??????????????

Any time Rex......

I am going to try and de-SELFF the lad. I believe he has hung around the wrong crowd and been terribly corrupted.

As Walt suggested so humbly, we offer are service to Woowe to convert those rapscallion Harvey-wall bangers from antisocial naves to humble BRFFFain's.

I just hope he's not to far gone.............
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

High Pine

Quote from: Oldman on March 18, 2008, 21:38:30 PM
Wished I had a nickle for everytime somebody thought I said something stupid. ;D

Good Luck on your fishing trip.

Thats how I got the money to start my company

trout_boy_II

What a refreshing end to a conflict!   0--0 Y'all done good, not that my opinion matters all that much. 

That's why I enjoy this board more than others - open, frank discussion with opinions welcome, but a genuine desire to fully discuss our addiction, uh, love for FF'ing is a way that educates and excites us to greater things (que music - "Glory, glory hallelujah...")

Seriously, it reminds me of a speech I just heard.   ;D  Hmmm, maybe I'll post it although I doubt many of you will listen to or read it all.  Well, we'll see...

TB