News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Nantahala Feb. 2008

Started by teachrtec, February 04, 2008, 16:34:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teachrtec

Nantahala was fuller than I've seen it personally this past year. That was nice. Trying to get a dead drift on a dry and dropper not so much. Try ed that for awhile and landed one fish. Probably the fastest guy in the pool. Switched to a pair of nymphs and some yarn. I will not say the (I) word  Two size 10 eggs. That didn't keep just on the bottom. It did get it into the zone part of the time. Caught several nice fish given the water.

Toward stopping time I put a bugger and a nymph chaser and re fished the pools I had hit.
Got this nice brown.

Hit one pool up stream. Missed a monster 3 times. Chewed the tail off a bugger. oh well that's fishing.

We saw a hearse and commented on it. Got home and saw the news. Two different bodies over in there. Makes one think. Prayers with the families.
Brad  8)

brownhunter

Sounds like a great day on the water, but sorry about seeing the hearse. My wife has already told me no fishing in the mountains for a while, but I guess I will just have to sneak out  >:D
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

troutphisher

Nice fish Brad.

I wouldn't let the crimes stop you from fishing the mountains. I'll always fish them.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: brownhunter on February 04, 2008, 19:25:18 PM
Sounds like a great day on the water, but sorry about seeing the hearse. My wife has already told me no fishing in the mountains for a while, but I guess I will just have to sneak out  >:D

??? Don't let the recent events take your escape away..go fish...where you want to!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Gofisher

Keep fishing but bring an equalizer...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

peter p

thanks for the report.  Life is too short, that is why we must fish whenever we can.
Peter

teachrtec

Quote from: Gofisher on February 04, 2008, 20:58:10 PM
Keep fishing but bring an equalizer...

Probably gonna next time over. Definitly gonna go back.
Brad  8)

Fire-Fly

teachrtec, still probably safer in the woods than in the city. I'll take my chances on the steam instead of in the projects.

ftroop82

Z-Man

Bring both licenses - your fishing license and your carry license.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!