News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Watussie, 3.2.08

Started by launchone, March 02, 2008, 23:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southernguide

yeah, launchone and them about saw me get run over by a green raft when I was anchored below the caddis riffle.  If I had not yelled at the guy, he would have slammed me and my clients. 

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: southernguide on March 05, 2008, 08:05:11 AM
yeah, launchone and them about saw me get run over by a green raft when I was anchored below the caddis riffle.  If I had not yelled at the guy, he would have slammed me and my clients. 
Better be glad they didn't hit you or any of your sports, they may have tried to pump your stomachs :angel: ;D  ///?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

launchone

I thought I hear you yellin.... I hate it for you man....  o-o
You were in the red clacka, or was it a hyde? Or perhaps I am confused....either way, let me know how to ID you on the stream and I will make sure to stay out of your way when you have clients, etc....

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: launchone on March 05, 2008, 11:27:41 AM

I thought I hear you yellin.... I hate it for you man....  o-o
You were in the red clacka, or was it a hyde? Or perhaps I am confused....either way, let me know how to ID you on the stream and I will make sure to stay out of your way when you have clients, etc....

this should take care of 'em:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

southernguide

yeah, it's a red hyde and my name is Forrest.  Nobody should have to stay out of anyone's way, clients or not.  There's enough fish and enough places to fish for everyone.  It just bothers me that people don't pay attention (guy in green raft), he was talking to ya'll and if I hadn't gotten his attention with that yell, he would have rammed us head on.  He didn't really know how to row either.  That's the watauga on the weekends though. 

cmiller51h

Quote from: southernguide on March 05, 2008, 14:17:11 PM
yeah, it's a red hyde and my name is Forrest.  Nobody should have to stay out of anyone's way, clients or not.  There's enough fish and enough places to fish for everyone.  It just bothers me that people don't pay attention (guy in green raft), he was talking to ya'll and if I hadn't gotten his attention with that yell, he would have rammed us head on.  He didn't really know how to row either.  That's the watauga on the weekends though. 

AMEN!! It's gettin like that thru the week too. Last time I floated it I counted 11 boats in 1 stretch! And all of them like to park right in the damned way of oncoming traffic. there's a couple of spots that once you're in the current, you cant row and hold forever, and the guy in the middle of the river looks at you like it's his God given right to anchor there. It drives me up the wall! I know it's not all guides and most guides are very accomodating to others. I try to look around as much as possible and know to keep off another boat. The river is getting way too much traffic.
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

launchone

Quote from: southernguide on March 05, 2008, 14:17:11 PM

I hear ya...that guy was talking to himself non-stop... He came over to our boat to take a look at our flies, asked us what we were using...all the while mumbling to himself about the wooly bugger hatch....I dunno, that yell of yours was really funny.....although not as funny as Ditch with the ass hooked stocker that took out 30 ft. of line....what a wuss. Anyhow, nice to know you Forrest, look forward to seeing you again. Are you guiding for yourself or another outfitter?
- Paul

southernguide

head guide at Hunter Banks, stop by and see us, I'm gone to Argentina from march 9th to april 3rd but I'll see ya out there when I get back