News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Clinch River Float

Started by stretch, October 09, 2005, 10:31:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stretch

Had the pleasure of getting to float the Clinch Saturday morning with a good friend.  We put in at Millers Island and floated to Peach Orchard. Luckily the rain held off and the fish were cooperative. Caught plenty of fish on midges and caddis pupa, catching our best fish on the caddis. Hope everyone had a great weekend.
Stretch

Hugh Hartsell

:D Good report Stretch. It's great to hear that the Clinch is fishing well. You've got to get us some pictures to drool over. Thanks again.
    Hugh
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.
SMOKYMOUNTAINGUIDESERVICE

stretch

Hugh, This is the only pic we took all day,not much to drool over. This one was caught on the caddis pupa, it also had a couple of scars of sort on it's side.
Stretch

Hugh Hartsell

:D That sure looks like a pretty nice bow to me. Thanks for sharing it with us.
        Hugh
Hugh Hartsell---East Tn.
SMOKYMOUNTAINGUIDESERVICE

gonefishin

Stretch

Sounds like a great day on the water. Nice bow

Stuart R.

I want to fish the clinch so bad. I live in Richlands VA within 30 mins of where the clinch river starts as a mtn spring a foot wide. I have grew up fishing it. My parents house was on the banks so it was in my backyard. I cut my fishing teeth on the bank of the ol clinch. Up my way it is quite a smaller river and no trout well maybe on here and there but a pretty decent smallie river. I need to sneak off for a few days and try to do some fishing down there. I guess  you can wade it with the gen off right? Do they run alot of water in the winter? What time of year would you recomend? And who is willing to meet me for a littel help, like where to go and stuff. I can figure the river out when I get there but need some help where to go. I hear it fished alot like the Holston or Wataugua. Well that is enough starting to rattle.

FM
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

stretch

Flymaster, The only time you can wade the Clinch is with 0 generation. For wading opportunities, there are 3 areas that are easily accessable: The wier dam, Millers Island, and around Hwy.61 by Anderson County Jail. Usually during weekends TVA has the generators off in the morning, but be warned there are a lot of people fishing. As far as fishing and time of year, I haven't found a time that the fish are not active, but the spring seems to be the best. I like fishing the small stuff #18 and smaller. Midges, blackflies, and caddis have been the most consistant flies, for me, on the clinch this year. Here is a link for a map of the river.http://www.crctu.com/map/map.html Hope some of this info helps.
Stretch