News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

WNC stream 2/25

Started by peter p, February 26, 2008, 12:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter p

Since it was 60 degrees yesterday, I thought I should try and sneak out for a few hours and see if I could catch any fish before the rain, snow etc blew in.  I decided to hit a blue line that I hadn't fished in over a year and see how it was holding up.  I am glad to report that the fish appear to have made it through the summer fine.  The trees on the other hand have not.  I don't remember as many trees across the stream last time I fished it.

There was not much in the way of hatches going on, but the fish were still aggressively taking dry flies. Most of my action came on a size 18 para Adams with an occasional fish on a BHPT.  While I didn't catch anything over 8 inches, it was good to get some dry fly action in and see the stream in good condition. 

I know, where are the pictures?  Some day I will bring a camera again. 
Peter

troutphisher

Glad you had a good day on the stream Pete, and it's good to hear it made it through the drought of this past summer.
I plan on fishing it soon, and with all the new trees down, it will provide excellent shelter for the fish.

Thanks for the update.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

peter p

But, I never told you where I fished.   ;) Did I violate don't ask, don't tell and not even know it?  Hmmmm......  Maybe you have some strange mind reading abilities we don't know about?   :) 
Peter

troutphisher

Pete,

I used the powers taught to me by the late great Mr. Holmes. During my tutelage in 1887.
I was exposed to the powers of deductive reasoning, while using abductive reasoning as well as astute observations.

That and the fact you told me where last night in the chatty, dumb arsh ....LOL

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Beetle

Nice report peter......here's what you should say to TP:

[yt=425,350]HrfCixsd2N8[/yt]

troutphisher

SHHHHEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

But my voice is deeper....LOL