As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Snow stream II

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 27, 2007, 10:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: peter p on December 27, 2007, 20:27:59 PM
They could all be doctored photos.   ;)

I caught all of mine on a woolly bugger using 4x but switched out the fly to a midge on 6x 'cause it looks cool and all the pros are doing it too!  8) :o ::) ;hb :police:
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on December 27, 2007, 20:19:51 PM
Glassfisher,
I think I may need to get the TroutPisser to take me one day. If double P and Woowee can catch fish, he must have some strong medicine. The Dali Lama and I would enjoy fishing with you in the near future as we a connoisseurs of fine beverages. 0--0

Sheeeet, thats the medicine. We dip the flies in beer, and only catch the drunkards.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

walt

really nice reports and pics guys..... thanks for sharing....

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Woolly Bugger

here are the four flies that I used the other day.. all caught fish, sizes 18 ~ 24

I used them in dropper combos... Palsa strike indicators -> 18" 6x tippet #4 split shot 6 ~ 8 inches to the fly, 8 ~ 12 inched to the dropper.
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

calebB

sweet midges 8)

TROUTMASTER3000

This is at the Davidson Right?
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

troutphisher

Na,

This stream was in Afghanistan. We snuck in under the watchful eyes of the Taliban.
You should go once and fish it.

Just go see the Army recruiter, and ask for Afghanistan. They'll set you right up with travel, room and board.

Oh, and you get 3 squares a day!!! to boot!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

TROUTMASTER3000

Regardless, Im not allowed to go to Afganistan.. LOL.  But I really like that second midge down.  Does it work just as well without the bead?  I dont use beads with flies past 20, or own any... so just wondering.
Anything is possible with will, determination, and an endless supply of expendable labor.
AMERICA RULES

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: TROUTMASTER3000 on March 12, 2008, 23:23:35 PM
Regardless, Im not allowed to go to Afganistan.. LOL.  But I really like that second midge down.  Does it work just as well without the bead?  I dont use beads with flies past 20, or own any... so just wondering.

Worked great with the bead... w/o ??? who knows...
me -There's a season?