Bamboo Blue Line Special Lite

Started by boondoggle, February 23, 2008, 15:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boondoggle

7 foot 2 piece/ 2 tip rod made by Matt Loomis for a 3 or 4 weight line.  This rod has never been fished - got it just before I moved to Annapolis.  I've lawn cast the rod with a Cortland Peach 4 wt and it felt right. Rod taper is designed for fishing pocket water.  Short casts and roll casts are what this rod is about.  It's made for those mountain streams surrounded by rhodos.  I have another of Matt's rods and don't trout fish as much anymore... so, this one has got to go for other toys.

$500

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Why aren't there any saltwater streams?

Peddler

Matt... grrrrrr...  :P

Had one of his rod, didn't match my needs at all and was told by Matt to send it back to him for replacement, never saw the replacement. That sorta sucks, big time!

From what I've seen of them though, Matt can build a fine rod!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

troutphisher

Peddler,

What do you mean the rod didn't meet your needs? was it to slow, to fast or was it another parameter of the rod?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Chaser

This taper is very parabolic.  There is a big step down just in front of the handle. It roll casts well and is fun to fish on the small mountain streams.

TC

Peddler

Quote from: troutphisher on February 28, 2008, 17:38:53 PM
Peddler,

What do you mean the rod didn't meet your needs? was it to slow, to fast or was it another parameter of the rod?

Yeah, what Trout Chaser said... also, the rod was to be like the Matt's own Blue Line Special which he loaned and spoiled me on. That rod was very sweet and not so whimbly at all. The original just plain blew me away at any range it was used at. The one Boony is selling, if it is like the one I had, though a very fine rod for close work just didn't rock my world for fishing larger streams. The craftsmanship on it I thought was beautiful.
I almost wish I had kept it and just requested another closer to the action of the original Matt loaned me but other bills needed paying more.

boondoggle

Jack

Thanks for the ringing sales endorsement.  I'll be sure to reciprocate.  >:D  I thank you for turning me on to whimbly; it's a highly technical term.   I'm sure my liberal use of it will avoid any subsequent confusion. 

So, everyone should note that my original description of the rod indicates this rod is for short work - just as the Blue Line Special Lite name would suggest.  However, now that our rod action eminence grise has opined, I respectfully amend my description to "wonderfully whimbly" and perfect for short work.

Peddler

so I echo what you said about it being great for fishing close and add little tidbits like how well made it was and how I wish I kept it and you get upset?

Sorry. ::)

Lighten up, Francis! ;D

boondoggle

I'm not upset.  I thought this guy  >:D was devilishly laughing instead of what I'm guessing you took as an expression of anger.

My follow up post was just an opportunity to use whimbly... which you've done once again.

I'll make you a deal on the rod just because you've expanded my fishing lexicon.

FT

Geez, you guys sound like my wife and kids.  ;D         I've fished the same rod and it fishes great on brook trout streams.  I'd snap it up if momma hadn't cut off my whimbly allowance. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

boondoggle