News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Jones Gap State Park (2-18-2008)

Started by The Dude, February 19, 2008, 11:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

I ran up there after work, but it was almost dark by the time I got on the water.  There was one permit left, so I was able to get on the Catch and Release Section.  But, time and daylight were working against me.  I was using a BH prince, and I had one fish take a look, but that was as close as I got in the 30 minutes I had to fish.

BTW, the flow was good and clear, and the 0.8" rain from Sunday night really warmed the water up.  If I would have had more time, I suspect I could have got into some decent action.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

brownhunter

CC,
Where are you from? I fish that area at times.
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

troutphisher

That can be some fun fishing around that area
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

trout_boy_II

Thanks for posting that.  I live around the corner but have not been to JG in quite a while and had kinda forgotten about the limited beats available in the C&R area.  Need to get my SC license renewed (cheap for in state) and get back there.

Thanks again for posting.

TB