News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Hatch Reels

Started by troutfreak, February 01, 2008, 10:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfreak

Anybody seen the new Hatch reels.  Look sweet.  As far as I can find out they are a brand new reel company making reels from the good stuff with lifetime warranties.  Comparable to Abel reels, but half the price.  I saw them in the new sales magazine form The Fly Shop.

Woolly Bugger

they don't look too shabby even if the are made in California.  Might be a tad on the heavy side...
http://www.hatchoutdoors.com/

I'm a Ross Reel nut...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

diamonddave7676

Yeah they look very nice but dont see myself paying $400 for a reel

launchone

Quote from: diamonddave7676 on February 01, 2008, 20:39:05 PM
Yeah they look very nice but dont see myself paying $400 for a reel

You get what you pay for in this industry...they look very nice and I am interested to hear how they play out after a season or two.....

glassfisher

Looks like the drag would be useful for saltwater, but would be overkill for trout.  It's going to be hard to beat Lamson or Ross in the high tech reel category.  I'll stick with my Hardy's for trout fishing, nothing sings like a Hardy. ;D
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.

launchone

Quote from: glassfisher on March 24, 2008, 05:48:41 AM
It's going to be hard to beat Lamson or Ross in the high tech reel category. 

Am I taking crazy pills? I'll give you Lamson, but Ross is not on my list of "high technology" purveyors....not with Tibor, Charlton, and others on the market....Ross gave that up when they went "worldwide" and stopped making the San Miguel