Bauer Rogue Fly Reel

Started by walt, January 30, 2008, 13:23:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

Every once in-a-while I'm very impressed with a new product. The Rogue is sweet....

<from site>

With over a decade of leadership and innovation in large arbor fly reel design, Bauer is proud to introduce the all new Rogue. The Rogue features the new technology of their Carbon Fiber Composite disc drag and V-Abor design. The patented, Bauer seamless engagement carbon fiber drag system is sealed during use, yet serviceable when required. The drag system delivers silky smooth, big-fish landing performance, in all conditions.

The distinctive Rogue V-Arbor design enhances the performance advantages of the large arbor fly reel. The V-Arbor design maintains a larger effective diameter for the portion of the fly line and backing that is actually used when fishing. The balance of the backing is stored in the V bottom of the arbor, always available if needed. The light weight Rogue is a more effective tool for both fishing and landing all species of fish.

Rogue Features:

* Carbon fiber composite disc drag
    * Patented seamless drag clutch engagement with "zero-backlash"
    * New V-Arbor design
    * Quick release spool
    * Precision machined 100% aerospace bar stock aluminum and stainless steel construction for maximum strength and corrosion protection
    * Precision sealed stainless steel ball bearings
    * Sealed drag mechanism
    * Simple retrieve direction conversion
    * Silent retrieve with a out-going click
    * Deep anodized machine-tec finish
    * The lightest reels in their class
    * Designed and Manufactured in the U.S.A.
    * Lifetime guarantee. U.S. Patent #5921492

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Fire-Fly

I used to not like Bauer due to their cork drag system, but that looks like a lot better reel.

troutfreak

Yes they look sweet and sound great....

Walt,
Have you seen the new line of reels made by Hatch?  I saw them recently in a sales magazine I got.
Troutfreak

Gofisher

If I wasn't satisfied with my M's and MSL's, I'd be all over one of those Rogues! I love my Bauer reels and their CORK drag. Keep it cleaned and lubed and they are one sweet reel. If I was a salty though, I'd want a sealed drag. I really want to fish the salt sometime... :)
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Gofisher on January 31, 2008, 17:53:43 PM
I really want to fish the salt sometime... :)

Just so they could call you and "Old Salt"  ::) instead of an "Old Fart"
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

walt

Quote from: troutfreak on January 31, 2008, 15:27:27 PM

Walt,
Have you seen the new line of reels made by Hatch?  I saw them recently in a sales magazine I got.
Troutfreak

i haven't seen one in hand.... they look nice.

ww
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

troutfreak

I just went to their website and requestd a catalog, very nice website.

walt

Quote from: troutfreak on February 01, 2008, 14:37:30 PM
I just went to their website and requestd a catalog, very nice website.

hilarious.... i just got off the phone with the folks out there (requesting dealer pack) and he said that he's rcd' a couple of requests from nc today  ;D

ww
— Cormac McCarthy

diamonddave7676

Quote from: troutfreak on January 31, 2008, 15:27:27 PM

Walt,
Troutfreak

Yeah the Hatch reels do look very nice but dont know if I want to spend $400 on a fly reel.