News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

So am I....?

Started by 9ft4wt, January 23, 2008, 21:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9ft4wt

My wife of 29 years, who know me as well as I know her, has always insisted that I am ADD and urged me to go in and have it checked out. I have always resisted -- sure I lose my keys and my glasses from time to time, and I have been known to get side tracked from the task at hand by something else that grabs my attention but I manage to function. Still, it does run in my family, both of my brothers were diagnosed later in life with ADD. We get together and have a good laugh at some of the things they did before they got on the medicines and I usually throw in a few stories of my own.

Still, I manage to function.

So, let me tell you about tonight:

I was determined to restring that net.

So, I went to the Brodin site read the directions, downloaded quicktime so I could watch the video and figured I could do this.

Went up stairs and got the net and remembered I needed a clothespin or something to line up the seam with the top of the net and hold the net in place.

So, I laid the net down and went to rustle up a clip. Found one and went back to where I had left the net. It wasn't there.

Thought OK it is probably over near the computer where I was reading the directions. Nope. Upstairs in the closet where i keep my nets. Nope. In the bathroom where I was planning to do the job because of the good lighting. Nope. Searched the downstairs. No luck. Searched the upstairs. Ditto. Starting to get a little frustrated cause I just had the darn thing.

So, figured I would watch a little TV and maybe it would pop into my head where I left the net. Turned on the tube, turned on the family room lights and backed down on to the couch. I was sitting on something. The net. I had tossed it there on my way to get the clip.

All right now qwe were in business. Needed a needle. Raided the wife's sewing box found a big one. figured I better check to make sure it would go through the holes on the net. Went downstairs to get the net to check.

Naw fooled you. Net was right there where I had left it on the couch. Needle fit fine. Next I needed dacron. Went up to the fly fishing room to find some backing. Fresh out but had plenty of 30 pound spider wire. Figured it would work fine.

Took the spider wire downstairs to where I left the net and the needle. Net was there but the needle was missing. Put the line in my pocket. Searched everywhere and finally found it on the top of the banister where I had left it when going to get the line.Took the needle and the line downstairs. Before I go to the net the dog had to go out. Let the dog out. Stepped outside to see how cold it was. Went back in and rinsed some dishes and put them in the dishwasher while waiting for the dog to come in.

Dog came back, barked at the door and I let her in. Grabbed the net. and went to get the needle and line. No idea where they are. 30 minutes of searching and all I have done is convice myself I need a nice sip of cognac and a decent cigar.

Sounds like a good idea.  ;D

Whats your address Ditch....

Oh and happy birthday.

9ft4wt

Woolly Bugger

yup, sounds like Standard operating procedure around here. Glad you found the time to write it all down...

you know what they say....

First you forget names,

then you forget faces,

next you forget to zip up, and

finally you forget to zipdown....

I picked up a book a borders and took the "ADD" test in the back....

I scored a 24 out of 25!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

9ft4wt

I got up this morning and put on my fleece jacket to go get the paper. There was something in the pocket. It was the spider wire. Guess I stuffed in there when I stepped outside to check the temp. Would have sworn I had put in my jeans pocket. Still don't know where the needle is. Suspect i will find it one day while I am walking around the house barefoot.

9ft4wt

rockroller

STOP!  Before you go any further....

Check your fly!

I shudder to think what will happen if that's where you left the needle....

FT

Happens to me all the time, however I finally figured out the wife was hiding things just to drive me crazy.  Now I just need to figure out how she does it at my office. 
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

pelcrk

FT,
she got your secretary in on it. I'm pretty sure that's how I'm losing stuff at work.

Dan,
  good one. with my two sons and I pretty much confirmed ADD,my wife encourages us to go fishing so she can get a rest.

Steve

It's all good drifts

Trout Maharishi

I was gonna post something.................now I can't remember what it was o-o
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

9ft4wt

Found the needle....

9ft4wt

Gofisher

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

9ft4wt

No, I didn't step on it. I was sweeping up a lot of dust from sanding down some mud I had put on sheet rock I had hung. Was kinda ofi n a rush and sweeping too hard. the needle had been on the floor somewhere and I pushed it up under the nail on my left thumb all the way back to the joint. Hurt like a .... My wife tried to pull it out with tweezers, but it was in the joint which had already swollen and locked tight. So we made a trip to the ER. 

The doctor did some surgery with a local. Removed the nail and cut out a lot of the tissue back to the joint and then extracted it. Seven stictches sewed it all back up. Thumb is immobilized with a splint and i got some good drugs... Have to be careful what I do for the next two months until the nail grows back in. so, no fishing.

9ft4wt

phg

Just reading that makes me cringe... :-X  You're getting too old to be in that big of a hurry.

OTS

Dan, I just got your letter, in the mail. Well.. I got the envelope anyway but where is the letter? ??? So, did you ever find your nail? :P

9ft4wt

Aw, I was just funnin' you guys. ;) Found it on the kitchen island under a placemat.

9ft4wt

9ft4wt

Hey Ben:

What letter? email? snail mail? Havent sent anything your way since I sent you the magazines way back when.

Made a sarcastic response to one of your post a little while back and it did not even get a rise out of you....

Figured you must have mellowed in our old age......

9ft4wt

pelcrk

You're a sick man,Dan .Funny,but sick.
It's all good drifts