News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

net replacement

Started by 9ft4wt, January 21, 2008, 11:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

9ft4wt

Several years ago, I tore the bag on a wood framed CR net. Though I have since replaced the net, i recently came across a replacement bag for the original. There were no directions, but I bought it anyway figuing how hard could it be. After several hours trying to figure it out on my own, I decided to find directions on the web.
So far, I have stuck out.

Anybody out there that can tell me what I need to do or direct me to instructions?

Thanks

9ft4wt

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: 9ft4wt on January 21, 2008, 11:45:09 AM
Several years ago, I tore the bag on a wood framed CR net. Though I have since replaced the net, i recently came across a replacement bag for the original. There were no directions, but I bought it anyway figuing how hard could it be. After several hours trying to figure it out on my own, I decided to find directions on the web.
So far, I have stuck out.

Anybody out there that can tell me what I need to do or direct me to instructions?

Thanks

9ft4wt

let me know when you get this one figured out...  o-o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

9ft4wt

Thanks, Keith:

Knew I could count on your bottomless fount of knowledge ;D

9f4wt

Woolly Bugger

I've got two nets that need new bags... >:D
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

ditchmonkey

send em to me, i'll rebag em.......
Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.

Trout Maharishi

Hope you have the software installed to run it ;hb I had to run on on IE?

http://www.brodin.com/Restring.html
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Now that we've 1. found someone to regbag the nets (ditchmonkey) and a set of instructions, thanks TM.

Where does one get the replacement bags???

'cause it looks like nobody got me this one for Christmas?  8) :'(

http://www.brodin.com/Gallatin%20_Ghost.html
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

9ft4wt

Thanks all

This sounds simple enough, but if I can't do it, I will be in touch Ditchmonkey.

9ft4wt

9ft4wt

Woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn'tsleep thiningabout where I put the spider line for fixing the net. Still couldn't find it. S, I stripped some line off a reel and got to work.

A little awkward to do, butreally not all that hard. Not a great job but I would give it a solid "B." Not bad for a first attempt.

A couple of tips:

Make sure you have a good clip that fits snugly. I was using a refrigerator clip and it kept falling off.

Don't stretch the net while stringing between holes. I figured stretching a litle would make a snugger fit. By the time I got to the top of the net the seam was two inches off center. Fixed it by overlapping the net a couple times while threading.

Don't worry about trying to keep the previous thread hole tight while doing the next. I started out doing that and it was next to impossible. I found that the previous hole stitch would tighten up nice and tight when you tighten the one you were working on. Did not seem to be any slippage.

Be careful not to come out of the hole and go over the thead from the previous stitch. I did that early on. It forms a knot that prevents tightening the stitch. I had to start over. Thank goodness I was only on the third hole.

Allow plenty of thread. The directions said 2-3 feet more than the basket circumference. I did two and a half feet and just barely had enough to finish the job.

Thanks all.

9ft4wt

Woolly Bugger

good job day,... i was just getting ready to start a poll....

? when will Dan get his net repaired?

1. next week
2. next month
3. next year
4. he'll never fix it and will go buy a new one..

;D

I was going to vote for #4!!!!
me -There's a season?