News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Fly rod holder for jeep wrangler hardtop?

Started by jkilday4, January 15, 2008, 09:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkilday4

I'm looking for a rod holder that I can secure rods for moving around at the river without having to partially break down.  I've seen the kind that are magnetized & go on hood/roof of standard vehicles.  But they won't work on my wrangler as it is fiberglass.  I don't have a rack of any kind.  Is there anything out there that you all know of that would work for me?

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jkilday4

jkilday4

What if... I mounted metal plates on the inside of the hardtop and then used the magnetic type holder with the fiberglass hardtop between the metal and magnet?  I might have to experiment with something like that....smells like disaster already though...

croaker

Redneck rod carriers.  Shown to me by Ray Thorne Jr. a few years back on the Beaverdam.  Stick 'em on the windshield, under the wipers. 
Not good fer high speed travel and do not turn the
windshield wipers on  :-X
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

jkilday4

Quote from: croaker on January 15, 2008, 21:59:57 PM
Redneck rod carriers.  Shown to me by Ray Thorne Jr. a few years back on the Beaverdam.  Stick 'em on the windshield, under the wipers. 
Not good fer high speed travel and do not turn the
windshield wipers on  :-X

I've been with Maniac when he's done that before.  If the slope of the Wrangler windshield weren't so steep (it's almost vertical) - plus short...