News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Scott S4

Started by Fire-Fly, December 23, 2007, 17:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

I recently purchased the new Scott S4 rod in a 4 wt, 8 ft, 4 pcs. I have never posted reviews of equipment i've bought but this rod is so sweeeet. It is very light at 2.5 oz., extremely light in the hand. It has a fast action but a real sensitive tip. I caught 25 fish on it my first day and was very impressed at how i could feel the fish on the line. The guides are the REC recoil guides, you can push them down flat and they pop back into shape. Casting this rod seemed effortless. This to me is the finest casting rod i have ever cast. Now i am not a bamboo guy, i do like ther fast action rods, as thats what i grew up on.

Woolly Bugger

cool  8) nice way to break-in a new rod... keep up the good work  ;hb
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fire-Fly

Quote from: absales on January 06, 2008, 14:27:01 PM
I am just trickled to death for you lightnbug, but why do you feel compelled to tell us how you pissed away your money? Also it's a damn shame you couldn't have gotten that stick is a 6 or 8 piece configuration, then you would really be a big xxxx* in short slacks.

*rymes with click

jis wonderin..................
Thanks for your reply, it gives me faith that the worlds shortage of pricks has not gone to low. How about next time if you dont have anything constuctive to say, act like an adult and keep it to yourself!

Al

Don't let him get at ya BJ. When you respond it is like throwing water on a Class 2 fire. Some folks get their jollies that way - makes you wonder about the rest of their life.

glassfisher

There's not much better for pissing money away than fly rods, wine and women.  They all have at least one thing in common, there will be as many opinions as we have XXXXXXXX*.   ???

* rhymes with bass poles, and I don't like to fish with either of them!   :o
Beer, the cause of and solution to all life's problems.