• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
July 19, 2019, 09:15:36 am


NC Delayed Harvest Trout Waters Open to Harvest June 1, 2019



Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Forgot your password?


Total Members: 2308
Latest: pizzamaker
New This Month: 3
New This Week: 1
New Today: 0
Total Posts: 145483
Total Topics: 14057
Most Online Today: 663
Most Online Ever: 832
(March 08, 2019, 15:41:24 pm)
Users Online
Members: 25
Guests: 591
Total: 616

What license do you need?

Started by plumbob, September 13, 2005, 17:18:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


I think phg said ya can use Tenn or Virginia license for pff12, do you have the links to them so i can get one. I guess a lot of old questions will come again since you can't go back to old threads. :'(

Could somebody put the mapquest info up again.


Bob, PFF 12 is in North Carolina so you'll need an NC license.  If you fish in the GSMNP you can use the NC license even if you fish in the portion of the park that's in TN.


September 13, 2005, 17:47:17 pm #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 17:49:03 pm by phg
I was thinking you got the season pass for TN.  If you didn't, then the NC license will be cheaper.  You can get it online.  Go to this site, and drill down..... http://www.ncwildlife.org/

I figured that most of us would be fishing GSMP streams, just because they are so beautiful.....

The PFF12 thread has the maps (complements of Wooly_bugger)


Plumbob, if you have an annual Tennessee license, you can fish in the park, but you'll need the NC license if you want to fish near camp.  The NC license will also be good in the park.

In Cherokee, it won't matter, since you have to buy a daily permit from the tribe.


Thanks for the info I guess I'm going to have to think these trips out more and get a season tag.


Bob, the problem is, Spring PFF is always in Shady Valley.  The NC license isn't a very good option there.  The Fall PFF could be anywhere, but usually in NC or VA, and we usually havn't decided that yet at the time of Spring PFF.  Short term VA and NC licenses are a good bit cheaper than TN, though. 


Bob, the Va license runs from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

Tenn is From Mar 1 to Feb 28.

NC is good for a year from the date of purchase.

You can spread them out so the burden doesn't hit you all at once.


One last question on the license (NC). For where we will be fishing in NC, do I also need the trout stamp? Thanks.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!


If you are fishing in designated trout water, even though you may not be fishing for trout, you need a trout stamp.  Most of us get the comprehensive fishing license, which covers all freshwater fishing opportunities. 

Creek Scum

I think you need the game lands permit also to fish around the Nanty. As Paul said, it's all included in the comprehensive license.

you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death - Waters, Gilmore, Wright and Mason


+-Recent Topics

shoulda used a rainbow midge.... by Woolly Bugger
Today at 08:57:27

Whales beached in GA by Pansyman
July 18, 2019, 20:37:44 pm

Ticks by Dougfish
July 18, 2019, 09:23:51 am

Simms warranty by Dougfish
July 17, 2019, 17:26:57 pm

Unlimited Salmon/Steelhead News Update... by Woolly Bugger
July 17, 2019, 14:37:12 pm

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial by Woolly Bugger
July 17, 2019, 10:21:22 am

Bees (for Ken) by Onslow
July 16, 2019, 20:52:49 pm

PRICE DROP: Simms Headwaters Chest pack and Backpacks by wildstream88
July 16, 2019, 19:41:17 pm

Rods for sale by driver
July 16, 2019, 11:11:44 am

St Criox Sale by driver
July 16, 2019, 10:48:40 am

Powered by EzPortal