News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Where can I get high quality low cost flies.

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 19, 2007, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwgnc

Great info - for this lazy, lousy tier.

And I wanted to reiterate what WB said about supporting the local fly shops.  Always buy 6 or so local flies, tippet, a couple leaders - or that shop may not be there next time.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Peddler

With the view count of this thread pushing 10,000 it seems quite a few people are looking to get high quality, low cost flies.
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Feather Chucker

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 31, 2013, 17:34:41 PM
Just a quick note on this. Some friends in NY who knew my gear was stolen got me store credit with flyshack.com for Xmas. I used it and was not happy with what I received. Some of the stuff looked worse than what I tie myself... and that is bad!

Have you ever tried TheFlyStop? I bought quite a few of their trout streamers and have been very happy. They are just as good as any I've seen at a fly shop and hold up very well.

Feather Chucker

Quote from: troutfanatic on January 02, 2014, 10:11:14 AM
FC,

I'll check em out. Over the years, I have bought from a few of the ones mentioned i n this thread. Like many already said, I always hit the local shop when I am on the road because I believe in doing what I can to keep small business alive.

Here's the streamers I was telling you about. You can judge for yourself. They were at the time $1.50 a piece. I think they are $2.00 now.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Feather Chucker

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 06, 2014, 21:36:26 PM
http://caylorcustomflies.com/

Caylor just rebuilt the website, much easier to use now... d:b

Just bought some cone headed wooly buggers from this place. You can't beat $6 for a dozen.

raz

i get many flies from theflystop.  $3.50 flat rate shipping.  first class.  gets from san diego to western PA in 3-4 biz days.
quality flies.  much improved selection

bullship

Funny. On the front page this thread appeared to be titled, ' where can I get high...' I was curious.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

revfox

Anybody every try this store for flies http://www.perfectflystore.com/

They also happen to have a number of sister sites like this http://www.flyfishingsmokymountains.com/

that have a crazy amount of seemingly up to date information.

Website seems out of date technologically but otherwise in business.

Big J

Dee-Vo