Where can I get high quality low cost flies.

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 19, 2007, 10:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txfly

Watch it woolly, don't let the mod catch you pimping affordable flies...you might get banned! ;D

Dukee

There is a place out of Bryson City NC that employees the handicapped to tie flies and have a great price, but their name is escaping me. They have a really good selection.

trout_boy_II

Quote from: Dukee on October 25, 2007, 22:45:26 PM
There is a place out of Bryson City NC that employees the handicapped to tie flies and have a great price, but their name is escaping me. They have a really good selection.

That really sounds like a win-win.  I hope somebody can come up with a name.

TB

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: absales on October 26, 2007, 07:20:11 AM
Store-bought flies, where is the underwear department?

jis wonderinlllllllllllllllllll
Here's a shot from or recent trip to the Jackson. We stopped in at Al's favorite shop so he could pick up a few new flies.....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

absales

I don't fish with no damn store bought flies, I was just gettin a wormy burger (night crawler/hamburger mixed) and an RC Cola.

jis straighten things out........................
I wish I knew what I thought I knew 50 years ago.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: absales on November 03, 2007, 15:56:52 PM
I don't fish with no damn store bought flies, I was just gettin a wormy burger (night crawler/hamburger mixed) and an RC Cola.

jis straighten things out........................

It's hard to refute the photographic evidence above of you picking a fly out of the bin! Looks like a San Juan Worm to me........
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

flytire

i tried to mention some places to buy good cheap flies on the "OTHER" board and my post was deleted in a heart beat. :) :)

yagers

hills discount flies

kbe flyfishing

benton fly box

troutgetter flies

Al

the nubile young chinese slave girl that probably tied my flies, the 

I'm wondering if they could keep the flies and just send the gal who ties them ::)

trout_boy_II

Flytire -

Not familiar with Benton (mostly use BlueFly CafĂ©), but it looks like they tie their own up in Maine.  What's the quality like compared to some of the others?

Thanks.

TB

jamisjockey

I just purchased about $40 worth of flies from Blue Sky Cafe', as recommended here.  Quality looking flies, and great pricing.  They forgot two pink SJ's, so I called them.  Three days later the two missing flies were in my mailbox!
My buddy is just getting started fly fishing again this year, so I bought him a lanyard, camelbak, and about 30 flies for Christmas. 
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

9ft4wt

I got to admit I have neve bought any flies form Blue Sky Cafe. Been to their website a couple of times. But a felllow member of our club does some repping for them. He is a straight shooter and as honest as he can be. He swears by them.

Next time I am in the market that is where I am headed.

9ft4wt

peter p

I buy most of my generic type flies there.  Good quality and the customer service is always great.  I have had the same service as you did when they forget things.  I have no vested interest in recommending them, but I tell everyone about the company.
Peter

littlecreekfisherman

http://www.percysflies.com/

This site has flies that are solid, and @ .54c it is hard to beat them.  They hold up fairly well but at this price you can catch 20 fish and tie on a new one and not feel bad.  They also have some good deal on name brand fly fishing gear as well.
Heaven is a day fishing!

diamonddave7676

Quote from: littlecreekfisherman on February 10, 2008, 02:37:51 AM
http://www.percysflies.com/

This site has flies that are solid, and @ .54c it is hard to beat them.  They hold up fairly well but at this price you can catch 20 fish and tie on a new one and not feel bad.  They also have some good deal on name brand fly fishing gear as well.

I just looked at their site and they have a deal going on now where you buy a new rod from them you get 10 dozen free flies.  You even get to pick out what flies you want and what sizes.

Feather Chucker