News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

How to post photos.

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 13, 2007, 09:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

There are several ways to get your pictures posted on the web and into messages.

1. Use a free photo hosting site like http:www.photobucket.com
   Copy the url for the photo and then paste it into your message between the image tags.
[img] [/img]the whole thing should look something like this [img]http://www.myphotobucket.com/mypicture.jpg[/img]

2. Your ISP may allow you some server space, set that up and then ftp the photo to your site.
Insert your photo as above.

3. Click on Additional Options just below the BRFFF new message window and browse to your photo on your computer.
This option is limited to 256k so large photos won't work.

Resizing photos for the web.
Photobucket resizes the photos as they are uploaded. You can also use free software to resize your pictures. Picassa2 from google is a great photo organizer and resizing tool. Generally 800 x 600 is the size that we are looking for.

Here is a thread with a video tutorial on using picassa to resize photos
http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,2909.0.html

Photobucket offers several types of links. Select the links for bulletin board or forems.. as in the photo below.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

JB

how do you post a web addr so it shows up as a link?  i pasted one in but it didn't turn blue.
haba nice dey!

rjs123

The insert hyperlink button above. 4th one from the left.

Woolly Bugger

[url=http://www.thesiteyouchoose.com]This will be the blue link text[/url]

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Free Photo Utilities...

FastStone is very simple and is a just a batch processor, not a real photo editing program, Irfanview is much more comprehensive editor / organizer allowing much more than just basic photo editing and third is Google's Pisasa which is a very robust organizer with free web hosting and more.

FastStone Photo Resizer
-0- -0- -0-

If you're looking for a fast, reliable, and free way to convert many images at once, look no further than FastStone Photo Resizer. The program outputs files in the most popular formats, including TIFF, GIF, JPEG, and BMP. Besides its batch-conversion skills, the application also can rename pictures in bulk. This program lacks any sort of fancy image effects, but you can make basic tweaks, including cropping, rotating, resizing, and adjusting certain aspects of an image's color. You'll even find a tool for stamping shots with a watermark.

IrFan View
-0- -0- -0- -0-

This image viewer and editor is a longtime favorite among our staff, and with good reason. IrfanView is simple, fast, and free for individual use. Upon installation, the app attempts to install two Google programs, but you can opt out.
The program lets you open and edit images, as well as multiple media formats. You can cut and crop images, apply batch conversions, add, sharpen, or blur effects, create panoramas, and change color modes easily. The program continues to add support for an array of file formats and has plug-in support for most image, video, and sound formats, including MP3, AVI, audio CD, and WMA.

Google's Picasa
-0- -0- -0- -0- -0-

Picasa Web Albums is Google's Web photo-hosting service. Users get 1GB of free hosting, and images can be uploaded and manipulated using Picasa, Google's free desktop photo management application. Users who want additional storage can shell out up to $500 a year to bump up the hosted space to 400 times the size of the free hosting service.

Much like everything else Google, Picasa is exceptionally straightforward to use, with a tabbed interface offering three options--My Photos, Favorites, and Explore--the last of which lets you browse the public photo library. Next to the tabs, you'll find a prominent Upload button for adding photos to your albums, which you can set to various levels of privacy. Within your albums, you have the option to view a slideshow, share via e-mail, make a collage or movie, order prints, and edit various aspects.

me -There's a season?