A short video clip of the Madison River this Summer.....

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 19, 2007, 13:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Silver Creek

OK, down river from the Raynolds Pass Bridge, or between $3 Bridge and Raynolds. I thought you might have walked up river from $3. I know about where you are. Was it during mid to late July? They raised the river then to cool the Madison in Bear Trap Canyon.

The Madison was roaring.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Silver Creek on September 26, 2007, 15:36:54 PM
OK, down river from the Raynolds Pass Bridge, or between $3 Bridge and Raynolds. I thought you might have walked up river from $3. I know about where you are. Was it during mid to late July? They raised the river then to cool the Madison in Bear Trap Canyon.

The Madison was roaring.

Yep, late July and I was tossing 2 - 4 AB shot to get 'em... Challenging to be sure....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Silver Creek

I was there at the same time. Here are some pictures that show how high the water was compared to normal flows.

Here's a strong wader from Georgia that was able to wade out to a boulder above below Slide Inn as the flows were decreasing. He would have not made it 3 days earlier when the flows were about 500 cfs higher. Look at the white water just beyond him. Without that boulder, he'd be taking a bath.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Here's the area below $3.00 bridge during July of 2006. Notice the uncovered boulders in the river and close to the bank.

Here's the same area during July of 2007. The boulders are covered. I would guess the river was 18 inches higher. It may look calm but it was tough to hold your position just a few feet out unless you were behind a boulder.
Regards,

Silver

http://tinyurl.com/kkctayx

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy