• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
December 04, 2021, 15:23:59 PM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

I'm Back from WY!

Started by Damselfly, October 07, 2007, 12:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damselfly

I got home at 1:45am- and am suffering jet lag, culture shock, and wilderness withdrawal.
Oh, and the cold I left with is now verging on pneumonia. I didn't have time/inclination to feel sick out there- but wait till I get to work tomorrow...

I'm downloading the pics now- and have I got stories!!!
Grizzly encounters, cowboys, indians, wild ponies, elk across the stream, wolves, coyotes, big fish caught, BIG fish lost, great times with friends and great conversations with total strangers who felt like friends.

Btw- can fishing next to a spewing fumarole cause the seams of your waders to fail?? ???

brownhunter

Damsel,

Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story, along with the pics that hopefully will accompany it.

Thanks for sharing and glad you got back safely, but I'll pray that you get over your nasty cold.

"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Sleepytrout

Glad your back Laurie! It was great to see you out there!

Hate to hear your sick, get yourself seen and better. Looking forward to the stories and pics as well.

If fishing is religion, then flyfishing is high church.-- Tom Brokaw

Oldman

Cant wait to read and see the stories.

Woolly Bugger

October 07, 2007, 20:02:44 PM #4 Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 20:34:51 PM by Woolly Bugger

Sounds GREAT, can't wait for the details and the pictures.... ;D

I'm working on the Jackson River Report...  ;)

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

Lauri, lookin' foward to yer tales and some pictures!!!

don

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Trout Chaser

Get well soon.  Looking forward to the tales.

TC

Damselfly

October 07, 2007, 22:27:17 PM #7 Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 22:34:11 PM by Damselfly

Thanks so much guys- it meant a lot to know that your thoughts and prayers went with me.
Forgive me if this sounds sappy (I'm blaming the Sinus meds), but with thoughts of each one of you and flies tied by a few, I never felt lonely. And I think God hangs close with solo travelers- He put me in places at just the right instant to see some incredible stuff!
I even thought of FatAl and WhistlePig when I saw a badger hole outside Jackson. Wonder which one would be ornerier?
Sleepytrout & Flygirl, thanks for the great meal and the afternoon at a new spot on the Snake.
Irish & Toongal send their love to all y'all.....and I'm here to tell you they are almost painfully happy where they are! But part of the pain is missing all of us back here. Sooooo......I nominate Dave as next NotPFF Strawboss- let's all go to Wyoming!!

Here's something to whet your appetite:
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

FT

Get well quick so we can see  your pictures and read all about your adventures.

Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Damselfly on October 07, 2007, 22:27:17 PM

Thanks so much guys- it meant a lot to know that your thoughts and prayers went with me.
Forgive me if this sounds sappy (I'm blaming the Sinus meds), but with thoughts of each one of you and flies tied by a few, I never felt lonely. And I think God hangs close with solo travelers- He put me in places at just the right instant to see some incredible stuff!
I even thought of FatAl and WhistlePig when I saw a badger hole outside Jackson. Wonder which one would be ornerier?
Sleepytrout & Flygirl, thanks for the great meal and the afternoon at a new spot on the Snake.
Irish & Toongal send their love to all y'all.....and I'm here to tell you they are almost painfully happy where they are! But part of the pain is missing all of us back here. Sooooo......I nominate Dave as next NotPFF Strawboss- let's all go to Wyoming!!

Here's something to whet your appetite:
" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

I did not know that JT was traveling with you  :(

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

richard bernabe

Welcome back! Sounds like you had quite the adventure.

boondoggle

Looking forward to you recounting your adventures!   

9ft4wt

Damsel:

Welcome back and hope you get to feeling better. Hope to see some pics and here some tales before i head out to ennis on Friday.

Dan

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: 9ft4wt on October 08, 2007, 09:13:17 AM

Damsel:

Welcome back and hope you get to feeling better. Hope to see some pics and here some tales before i head out to ennis on Friday.

Dan

Have a great trip Dan and post a full report when you get back!

me -There's a season?

#CommissionsEarned