New River Smallmouth 10/1/07, 10/2/07 and a couple of weeks ago

Started by marty, October 04, 2007, 05:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stone-Man

This ought to stir up the Guru.

Can I apply for an AXE/Mod position on this board.  At least for one day ,so I can AXE "highflyin"

Stone-Man digging cave deeper now

kylemc

Quote from: Gofisher on October 10, 2007, 13:28:25 PM

Hey dickwad, if you had read anything around here before you started posting, you'ld know why absales post count is low. Don't be screwing with my mentor you insignificant asshair. He's pissed out better than you... >:D

that made me giggle.......

flyinhigh

Quote from: launchone on October 09, 2007, 19:49:00 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. I have known Marty for many years...not necessarily directly for some, but he was always a welcome sight on the river as someone to wave to in passing and perhaps meet up with at the takeout...you know, just two guides passing respectfully. I have been getting to know Marty better these past few months via the internet and I will say that I have been VERY impressed with his skill on the New. It surely ain't no picnic guiding yourself, customers, and especially "suckers" to fish like to ones in his pictures. There really is no need, or desire, for such negativity. "flyinhigh" you suck.

Hey Lunch,
From your post I'll assume you're the high school aged boy of this board. Really great insult. I'll play. I guess a good high school comeback might be ------ Lunchone - you BLOW

flyinhigh

"Pretty tough board when a self-proclaimed asshole with three posts is playing the tough guy role."

Hey dickwad, if you had read anything around here before you started posting, you'ld know why absales post count is low. Don't be screwing with my mentor you insignificant asshair. He's pissed out better than you... >:D

And no, it's not a "tough board"....We just attract scum from time to time...

If he's your mentor, does that make you his little bitch?
The board attracting scum goes without saying with the likes of you being one of the main players.

Gofisher

Hmmm, I don't think so. No main player here, just a concerned citizen...
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Beetle

Quote from: marty on October 09, 2007, 19:02:47 PM
crawfish fed, stream born fishes baby! they don't even stock fingerlings on the new except for musky

Marty- nice pics!  Thanks for posting.  I always love seeing a big smallie.   ;hb

Have you seen the walleye fingerling they stocked?  I heard they put about 4,000 in this year or last.  I do a double-take everytime I see one because they are so funny looking. 

Keep 'em coming!

launchone

Quote from: flyinhigh on October 11, 2007, 00:39:06 AM
This is absolutely ridiculous. I have known Marty for many years...not necessarily directly for some, but he was always a welcome sight on the river as someone to wave to in passing and perhaps meet up with at the takeout...you know, just two guides passing respectfully. I have been getting to know Marty better these past few months via the internet and I will say that I have been VERY impressed with his skill on the New. It surely ain't no picnic guiding yourself, customers, and especially "suckers" to fish like to ones in his pictures. There really is no need, or desire, for such negativity. "flyinhigh" you suck.

Hey Lunch,
From your post I'll assume you're the high school aged boy of this board. Really great insult. I'll play. I guess a good high school comeback might be ------ Lunchone - you BLOW

Im actually willing to bet the farm that I have about 3 more degrees than you. I can also do math, that is everyone on this board is telling you to sod off. That is everyone is against you. You are the loser here. No amount of comebacks, terse replies, snide remarks, or clever little ditty's will help you make friends. There have been three pages of replies devoted to your lame comments. I'm sure that being an outcast has made you bitter. Time for you to go, maybe make up a new screen name, and adopt a new tough guy web persona. Time to take stock and cut your losses, move on to the next forum and hope you fit in. Maybe "super<~nt" would be a good new screen name.

walt

Quote from: Beetle on October 12, 2007, 09:30:28 AM
Quote from: marty on October 09, 2007, 19:02:47 PM
crawfish fed, stream born fishes baby! they don't even stock fingerlings on the new except for musky
Have you seen the walleye fingerling they stocked?  I heard they put about 4,000 in this year or last.  I do a double-take everytime I see one because they are so funny looking

hey dammit, i resemble that remark.....

did i mention cold.... and windy?

5:09am.... patagonia briefs & sleeping tee, first cig, backporch, shak in foscoe.... three puffs... damn it's cold... and gusts direct from the arctic.... i retreat back to the inner sanctum for warmer threads.... return to the porch... not much better, but finished the butt.

i get the coffee brewin' and look over to the foldout castro where randy is still snorin'..... and being the drsob  >:D   that i can be.... i wake his ass up. "oh, i'm awake"

"bullturd, step outside"

i know he's thinking the same thing i was moments ago.... it's way too cold and windy to be chasin' smallies on the new. fer chrissakes man.... cold, windy, low water.... we're obviously idjits.... but what the hell... new moon.

man-up time.... neither of us even peep a chickenshit word of not going fishing to each other.... we wake... gear up and hit the road to meet marty up at the mouth of wilsons.....

randy and i arrived early at the designated meeting place and wondered aloud at the students from a nearby school who were landscape sketching in the elements at that early hour. we  parked and entered to browse the neat old antique barn, conveniently centered in the lovely village, the mouth of wilsons..... he's looking for some pottery his wife collects and i'm nosin' around for any flyfishing memorabilia that may be hidden in the many nooks of this quaint old automobile service station.... modern day, yet still, rustic antique shop. i'm directed upstairs by the attendant shopkeeper who informs me that past the old books (damn!) off to the right, "thar wuz a kreeeel hangin' on da wall last time i wuz up dat way." no kreeel, no flyfishing books.... but out of that dastardly wind, all was wonderful.

marty shows up on time (real good guides will do that.... and i know damwell he's thinking we're all a bunch of idjits) and we all proceed to the river for shuttle, gearing, and launching. as randy and marty do the shuttle, i decide to try out this new gloomis 8wt (oh yeah, randy is a gloomis rep) from the shore rocks. no smallie luck, but the rod pushed the big woolly buggah nicely through the cold gusts. my fellow idjits return from their shuttle sojourn and we shove off, ,,,, that's what idjits do, doncha know.

many beautiful landscape scenes, many fish, many cold freezin' gusts, and many, many laughs later... we depart the oldest river in north america to make our way home.

some tangled notes...

1) Olyns, I pray and hope you and your son enjoyed as wonderful a day today on the 'taug as randy and i experienced yesterday with marty...

2) WB.... "hell yeah" is on.... call me at the shop when ya can and i'll detail ya....

3) kim..... we all miss ya and it's great news 'bout your better half....

4) flyinhigh.... hang in thar bud, you provided us some hearty guffaws ariver.....

5) go TRIBE

6)  0--0

walleye gatah  ;hb

ps... thanks marty

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

troutphisher

Quote from: flyinhigh on October 11, 2007, 00:45:14 AM

"Pretty tough board when a self-proclaimed asshole with three posts is playing the tough guy role."

The board attracting scum goes without saying with the likes of you being one of the main players.

This is getting pretty funny, so I gota ask.
Flyinhigh, are you really Jscagline or Chappy?

You write and sound just like them two.
It's just a guess, but it has a familiar ring to it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

flyinhigh

Quote from: launchone on October 12, 2007, 09:42:24 AM

Hey Lunch,

Im actually willing to bet the farm that I have about 3 more degrees than you. I can also do math, that is everyone on this board is telling you to sod off. That is everyone is against you. You are the loser here. No amount of comebacks, terse replies, snide remarks, or clever little ditty's will help you make friends. There have been three pages of replies devoted to your lame comments. I'm sure that being an outcast has made you bitter. Time for you to go, maybe make up a new screen name, and adopt a new tough guy web persona. Time to take stock and cut your losses, move on to the next forum and hope you fit in. Maybe "super<~nt" would be a good new screen name.

What size farm and does it carry any tobacco rights? Although I have also wasted some time with academic pursuits, numbers of degrees have never impressed me. The fact that you come across as an arrogant, egotistical worm doesn't impress me either. As far as everyone on this board telling me to scram, that's not quite accurate. I've actually received messages from several members encouraging me to continue. You may not be as popular as you might think. So maybe you should be the one to move on.

flyinhigh

Quote from: troutphisher on October 12, 2007, 17:58:25 PM
Quote from: flyinhigh on October 11, 2007, 00:45:14 AM

This is getting pretty funny, so I gota ask.
Flyinhigh, are you really Jscagline or Chappy?
You write and sound just like them two.
It's just a guess, but it has a familiar ring to it.

Mr Phisher,
Probably best if you probe no further into my alternate identity. Remember, maybe "better the devil you know than the devil you don't know".

ditchmonkey

Hey Lunch,
nah.its not launch.....im the high school aged one on this board.....shit is goin down....oh yeah....we dont use the word blow anymore....i would say what we use now, but woowee wouldnt take too kindly to it...
tell you the truth......to me it sounds like your jelous that marty is good enough to make a living as a guide and you prolly couldnt even catch a trout in a hatchery....

Yeah man, I tell ya what, man, that dang ol' internet, man, you just go in on there and point and click, talk about w-w-dot-w-com, mean you got nekkid chicks on there, man, just go click, click, click, click, click, it's real easy, man.

flyinhigh

Quote from: absales on October 13, 2007, 20:52:17 PM
Shoeflypie,

You are purty good, you've managed to get a modest man brag about his scholastic achievements, an excellent guide apologize for his livelihood and generally arouse a normally calm membership in way I've not seen lately.

You could care less about Marty and his spinner "sports", your only intention is to arouse the membership until woowe bans you. I invite you again to come down to the chatty, I will make a room for just the two of us and you can tell me why your life is so devoid of wit and inventiveness that feeding the chickens pleasures you so.

jis waitin...........

Fishscales,
You're wrong. A truely modest man does not brag about achievements, only a blowhard does. I could not care less about whether a guy spin fishes.

I would love to join you in a chat. Let me know what time you will be available. I'm on 2 pm to midnight schedule this week Monday through Friday and don't have internet available at work. Sometime during the morning would be best.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.