News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Curtis Creek

Started by Bloy, September 28, 2007, 12:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloy

Found little Curtis Creek this week during my travels through western NC. Very nice little stream. Beautiful surroundings. Private and plenty of solitude, just the way I like it. The water is still very low but I was able to find some  decent pools holding brookies and bows. The fish were small, but finding cool running streams and being able to feel the stream against your legs at the end of the day was a great way to finish each day. I have one spot marked on my GPS  for 'future reference'.  I hope to find my way back there real soon after the water returns back to more normal conditions.  ;)
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

diamonddave7676

I was up there a few months ago and the had the roads closed going towards Curtis Creek and Newberry Creek cause of damage to the roads.  Are they still closed?

Bloy

I was on the section from Hwy. 70 up Curtis Creek Rd., about 3-4 miles north from Hwy. 70. Not being familiar with that area and having a short time to fish I only fished a section close by. I am not sure how far up the road goes and didn't have much time for exploring. Any information you would share about the area would be nice. I don't get up there much at all. How far north does that road go? Send me a PM if you wish. Thanks,
Barry
Times fun when you're having flies.
...Kermit

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Bloy on September 30, 2007, 07:06:53 AM
I was on the section from Hwy. 70 up Curtis Creek Rd., about 3-4 miles north from Hwy. 70. Not being familiar with that area and having a short time to fish I only fished a section close by. I am not sure how far up the road goes and didn't have much time for exploring. Any information you would share about the area would be nice. I don't get up there much at all. How far north does that road go? Send me a PM if you wish. Thanks,
Barry

The road, when open (usually closed in the winter) goes up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and back down the other side to the South fork of the Toe....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trouter

The road to the Parkway is closed just past the campground. Me and the wife hiked from the campground to the Parkway about a month ago. (7 miles) It doesn't look like the state is going to repair the damage. No work had been done except clearing the roadway.

flyguygarris

The upper part of Curtis has been closed since the floods three years back (hurricanes). They are currently doing work on the area above Black Mountain Campground. The road is supposedly closed to foot traffic. Use the otherside in the campground and you are OK. Curtis is very low but they have stocked the DH section. The upper parts like you said have some water in the pools but the mosquito's are ridiculous because of the stagnant pools cut off from low water. Ten bug bites in about three hours.                            Josh