News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

F Green peace

Started by jamisjockey, September 26, 2007, 06:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamisjockey

Sorry, but I'm surprised and a little pissed seeing the greenpeace banner on the main page. What's next, PETA banners?

Edit:
Looks like its on a rotating banner system.  If they sneak in a PETA banner I'm not going to be pissed.  That'll be pretty funny.  Lie with dogs, get fleas. 
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

Woolly Bugger

No, no Peta Ads, take a look at Greenpeace and what there current missions are, you may find that there environmental protections issues match those of TU, FFF, American Rivers, Sierra Club, World Wildlife Fund, and the Nature Conservancy.

Greenpeace:
1. Stop climate change
2. Defending our Oceans
3. Protect ancient forests
4. Demand Peace and Disarmament
5. Say no to genetic engineering
6. Eliminate toxic chemicals
7. End the nuclear age
8. Encourage sustainable trade

Oh and btw you don't have to click on the ads....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

They are also midget friendly 8)
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

jamisjockey

Greenpeace is a radical terrorist environmental organization that seeks to turn back the technological clock and set the human species back to the stone age.
-JD

Phil

Quote from: jamisjockey on September 26, 2007, 10:23:39 AM
Greenpeace is a radical terrorist environmental organization that seeks to turn back the technological clock and set the human species back to the stone age.

No, they are not. You have a problem, dude.

jscagline

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 26, 2007, 07:10:23 AM
No, no Peta Ads, take a look at Greenpeace and what there current missions are, you may find that there environmental protections issues match those of TU, FFF, American Rivers, Sierra Club, World Wildlife Fund, and the Nature Conservancy.

Greenpeace:
1. Stop climate change                .....can't be stopped, a bullshit myth
2. Defending our Oceans              .....no brainer, everyone should be for this
3. Protect ancient forests            .....again, everyone should be for this too
4. Demand Peace and Disarmament.....a chilish dream that will never happen, only the strongest will survive!
5. Say no to genetic engineering   .....whatever supreme being is in charge should handle this                                 
6. Eliminate toxic chemicals          .....an alternative would be great, a no brainer
7. End the nuclear age                fossile fuels, nuclear,soy, corn where is our energy supposed to come from?
8. Encourage sustainable trade     sounds wonderful, how will this work?

Oh and btw you don't have to click on the ads....

The problem with activist groups is that they start out with noble thoughts and good intentions until they need money....then they go to politicians and militant activists and then have to conform to their beliefs or loose funding. 
The dream of every human is to have a clean earth where the ocean life, ancient forests, trout streams, eagle populations, etc. are unmolested and where everyone drives around in cars that don't burn fuel.

Problem is, not everyone on this earth shares this same vision.  This debate will never end and the activists will continue to grow our bullshit government to the point where we all live in biodegradable, recyclable cardboard boxes walking to work uphill both ways in 20 feet of snow to work for food scraps doled out by the shelters.

Thinking humans are the cause of this climate change is like the ant floating down the river on a leaf with a huge boner hollering to the bridge operator "raise the bridge, I'm coming through"!  It is all ego and no substance!...oh yeah, the top NASA freak who was pushing this climate change bullshit was just busted for taking over $700,000.00 from MOVEON.ORG......mix in a little willy clinton and dumbass algore and the whole issue becomes less palatable!
The truth hurts but not as much as a gas guzzling, eco wrecking SUV hitting you at 100 MPH!  Yeah baby, yeah!

jamisjockey

Quote from: Philo on September 27, 2007, 19:56:34 PM
Quote from: jamisjockey on September 26, 2007, 10:23:39 AM

No, they are not. You have a problem, dude.

Nice.  Someone disagrees with you and you accuse them of mental illness.  Did I somehow slip and fall and wake up in the DU forums?
-JD

Trout Maharishi

DUDE! //?

HAHA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,He called you dude,  dude ///?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

jamisjockey

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 28, 2007, 08:03:51 AM
DUDE! //?

I'm not talking about the dude, dude.  He said "you have a problem"
The "Dude" was a little condensending, though. 

Greenpeace is a front for any number of spin off eco-terrorist groups. 
-JD

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: jamisjockey on September 28, 2007, 08:13:38 AM
DUDE! //?

Eco-terrorist? What's that, someone who disagrees with your views? Name a couple for us and show us the connection. I may not agree with them on their tactics and position all of the time, but to label any group as you have brings into question your motives. Opinions based on facts often encourage discussion, rhetoric based solely on opinion often only impedes further discussion. BTW- I haven't been reading their ad or sending them money. I don't really care what kind of ad they place in the banner as long as it helps pay for the board. At least Woowee didn't have to resort to duping a bunch of dolts to pay for his. Peace out Dude ;D
― Charles Bukowski

Gofisher

Kill the greenpies bannner...let's have a raffle instead!  0--0
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutfreak

DUDE, cant we all get along!  lmao

troutphisher

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 28, 2007, 08:39:15 AM

At least Woowee didn't have to resort to duping a bunch of dolts to pay for his. Peace out Dude ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Fire-Fly

DUDE! //?

Eco-terrorist? What's that, someone who disagrees with your views? Name a couple for us and show us the connection. I may not agree with them on their tactics and position all of the time, but to label any group as you have brings into question your motives. Opinions based on facts often encourage discussion, rhetoric based solely on opinion often only impedes further discussion. BTW- I haven't been reading their ad or sending them money. I don't really care what kind of ad they place in the banner as long as it helps pay for the board. At least Woowee didn't have to resort to duping a bunch of dolts to pay for his. Peace out Dude ;D
Greenpeace has publicly said that they wanted to stop bowhunting in many states, and i also have a friend who lives in alaska and has told me that they will go out on boats and run around the fishing boats to stop them from catching salmon. I am all for helping the environment but i also believe there are alot of extremist in greenpeace that execute their own agendas, but it is still in the organizations name. But as i saw in an interview with Ted Nugent, hunting and fishing groups in 2005 contributed over 600 miliion nationwide to improve the environment, while environmental groups only contributed 12 mil to improve the lands, but spent 20 or more mil on lawyers and court battles to stop the outdoorsman. That is why i dont have any respect for an organization like greenpeace. But fully endorse groups like TU and wild tukey federation. Just my 2 cents, not that many care.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Fire-Fly on September 28, 2007, 18:30:26 PM
DUDE! //?

Eco-terrorist? What's that, someone who disagrees with your views? Name a couple for us and show us the connection. I may not agree with them on their tactics and position all of the time, but to label any group as you have brings into question your motives. Opinions based on facts often encourage discussion, rhetoric based solely on opinion often only impedes further discussion. BTW- I haven't been reading their ad or sending them money. I don't really care what kind of ad they place in the banner as long as it helps pay for the board. At least Woowee didn't have to resort to duping a bunch of dolts to pay for his. Peace out Dude ;D
Greenpeace has publicly said that they wanted to stop bowhunting in many states, and i also have a friend who lives in alaska and has told me that they will go out on boats and run around the fishing boats to stop them from catching salmon. I am all for helping the environment but i also believe there are alot of extremist in greenpeace that execute their own agendas, but it is still in the organizations name. But as i saw in an interview with Ted Nugent, hunting and fishing groups in 2005 contributed over 600 miliion nationwide to improve the environment, while environmental groups only contributed 12 mil to improve the lands, but spent 20 or more mil on lawyers and court battles to stop the outdoorsman. That is why i dont have any respect for an organization like greenpeace. But fully endorse groups like TU and wild tukey federation. Just my 2 cents, not that many care.

I don't know where your getting your information but it's inaccurate.  Show me where/when Greenpeace has made a statement about bowhunting in any state.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!