News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

F Green peace

Started by jamisjockey, September 26, 2007, 06:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fire-Fly

woolly, it has a few years since i was big into bowhunting, and i dont keep all the articles and magazines i have read over the years but i do remember that the humane society had a big crusade against bowhunting because of its "inhumane tactics" of killing deer, and members of greenpeace at the time along with peta were all trying to fight the sport, just because you dont know about it dosent make it not true, if you like and support greenpeace thats fine with me, but dont think they are all wonderful, even TU has some practices that i dont agree with. I am a firefighter and even groups for fire fighters stray from the goals it has.

troutjedi

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This place has been in need of a good ol' slap fight   ;D ;D ;D

trouthemp

The dark haired beeotch has some shoddy dentistry work.  >:D
were just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl....year after year........

calebB

Wow Wooly!  Do a little googling.  Are you saying this isn't true? 

QuoteEco-terrorist plans to take over Sierra Club (1/16/2004)

A man who flies the skull-and-crossbones on his sea vessel and has sunk nearly a dozen ships in the name of animal rights has set his sites on one of the nation's largest environmental organizations.

Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace and founder of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, is "advocating the takeover of the Sierra Club." Watson wants the organization to take a strong stance against hunting, fishing and other management of natural resources.

Watson is known for his tactic of ramming and sinking whaling ships. Some of his actions have landed him in jail in foreign nations, but he claims he is not an eco-terrorist. He said at the 2002 Animal Rights Conference that activists "should never feel like we're going too far in breaking the law."

Watson was elected to the Sierra Club Board of Directors in April 2003. According to the San Diego Union Tribune, Watson's efforts to control the board include stacking the organization's governing body with like-minded individuals. He claims to be three directors away from controlling the 15-member board and, in turn, the group's $100 million annual budget.

CopyrightÓ  U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance- www.ussportsmen.org

http://www.wild-about-bowhunting.com/outdoor_news/news_292.htm

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: calebB on September 29, 2007, 15:08:36 PM

A man who flies the skull-and-crossbones on his sea vessel and has sunk nearly a dozen ships in the name of animal rights has set his sites on one of the nation's largest environmental organizations.

Paul Watson, co-founder of Greenpeace and founder of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, is "advocating the takeover of the Sierra Club." Watson wants the organization to take a strong stance against hunting, fishing and other management of natural resources.

Watson is known for his tactic of ramming and sinking whaling ships. Some of his actions have landed him in jail in foreign nations, but he claims he is not an eco-terrorist. He said at the 2002 Animal Rights Conference that activists "should never feel like we're going too far in breaking the law."

Watson was elected to the Sierra Club Board of Directors in April 2003. According to the San Diego Union Tribune, Watson's efforts to control the board include stacking the organization's governing body with like-minded individuals. He claims to be three directors away from controlling the 15-member board and, in turn, the group's $100 million annual budget.

2007 info:

http://www.sierraclub.org/bod/

http://www.greenpeace.org/raw/content/usa/press-center/reports4/greenpeace-board-of-directors.pdf

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/about/how-is-greenpeace-structured/governance-structure/board
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 29, 2007, 15:20:52 PM
Quote from: calebB on September 29, 2007, 15:08:36 PM

http://www.sierraclub.org/bod/

i dont see his name on the board list.. thanks woolly.

also the guy hates poachers, so he cant be all bad
QuoteCosta Rica filed attempted murder charges against Watson for an incident after he caught a Costa Rican fishing boat poaching, but charges were dropped after prosecutors were shown a film of the incident that was shot by a team making a documentary of Sea Shepherd. Thus far, all attempts at prosecuting Watson for his activities with Sea Shepherd have failed. Watson himself defends his actions as falling within international law and Sea Shepherd's right to enforce maritime regulations against illegal whalers and sealers.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

troutjedi

Howard Dean supports PETA

jamisjockey

8@S

Lie with dogs, wake up with fleas.  Greenpeace is tied to all the other environmental orgs.  They might as well be one in the same.   In my book that makes them worthless eco-terrorists.
-JD

I hated hipsters before it was mainstream

Al

Quote from: troutjedi on September 29, 2007, 00:17:13 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This place has been in need of a good ol' slap fight   ;D ;D ;D

Not going to get into this Greenpeace fight but the photos remind me of our long lost friend Savannah - Gads how I miss her. She had all you young pups panting after her. Anyone know what she is doing now or where she is doing it?

Gofisher

" Panting"...  Some of you old dogs too Al.... :P
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

Trout Maharishi

She has moved to Nepal to train with me. She is currently living in my back yard >:D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski