LL Bean River Treads II - now discontinued and priced @ $49

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 22, 2007, 19:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

So back in 05 I bought a pair of LL Bean's River Treads II Wading Boots, Studded with Aqua Stealth Rubber Soles, after I split my shin on Abrams Creek. Well I went up to the New River and while I was wading around those ledges I felt the sole flipping under the boot. Sure enough when I got to the car the sole had separated from the boot.

When I got back home I called up and they said send 'em back. Well I didn't want to wait for the shipping/return process so I elected for the expedited return by paying for a new pair.. Trouble was that they are now discontinued and priced at $49. When I bought them in '05 they were $119. I was given my original order # so when I return them I will get full credit for them! :) and a new pair for only $49

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?page=river-treads-ii-wading-boots&categoryId=46206&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&parentCategory=3937&cat4=1109&shop_method=pp&feat=3937-tn

Give them a call for the closeout price....800-441-5713

1. Boots run narrow.
2. Eyelets cut laces
3. Lacing System will catch fly line if not used with gravel guards..
4. Came unglued after two years...

Are they worth $49...

100% Satisfaction Guarantee! but better ask about closeout items???
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

trout_boy_II

Gotta love the Bean!  ;hb

I even got their Credit card which gives me "Bean Dollars" based on how much you use it and no charge for shipping if you use the card for your order. Ordered a new wind block fleece and flip down magnifier and it only cost me $7.00 (they don't round up and the dollars come in lots of 10).    That's after about 6 month of use.

They got me the fleece in 4 days and the magnifier was back ordered and would not ship for two weeks.  called yesterday to say the magnifier was going to be shipped two days later than they originally told me and they hoped that was OK.  You just don't get that kind of "give a damn" attitude in most retailers these days and considering they are responding to a web order, that's great.

I'm with you - customer service is sweet.

TB