new sa line....

Started by walt, September 20, 2007, 09:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

walt

i've received a sample of a new line from sa....

the "ultimate casting experience"....

the hubub from the recent denver show is that this puppy is just plain "bad".... bad of course being unreal.

i'll be loading it up and testing later today when monty gets here.... mebbe even sneak out and wade the cat a bit with it....

results later....
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

walt

just returned from a cat shoal.... interesting, mind you, i don't have any product details from sa yet so i'll just share some observations...

the line has a "rough" finish.... which, when it flows through the guides it makes a scratchy noise.... took me awhile to get used to that.

it shoots, and i do mean shoots out. i was fishing it on a sage z-axis 9' 5wt....

it floats way high and picks up easily.

i'm way out in left field, shit, the nosebleed section as far as attention is concerned.... ole indicator shoots down, i watch like an idiot, oh hell, that was a fish....

tied on a streamer to do some serious tossing.... i aerilised <sp?> and cast about 80 feet or so which left 20 feet on the reel.... i ain't a great caster but i bet someone wkwtftad could shoot the whole thing.

nice in close.... roll casts nicely....

no hits on the streamer .... hence no fish caught, but what the heck, wading on the cat sure did beat being here at the shop....

tight loops.... wally

"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

Peddler

Sir Walter, any truth to the rumor that Sharkskin has a longer than usual warranty?
I've heard anywhere from 3 years to lifetime.
At $100.00 a pop, it best have something like that going for it!
Also, what tapers are they using? GPX, Trout, Expert Distance?
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

walt

Quote from: Peddler on September 21, 2007, 07:00:48 AM
Sir Walter, any truth to the rumor that Sharkskin has a longer than usual warranty?
I've heard anywhere from 3 years to lifetime.
At $100.00 a pop, it best have something like that going for it!
Also, what tapers are they using? GPX, Trout, Expert Distance?

jack, i don't have any of the particulars yet.... supposedly in the mail. i can relate to you the rep chat... remember, rep, hence, well you know...

100 bucks is right..... and, he's concerned about the wear.... or lack therof. read: if it doesn't wear out, no replacement by customers in the normal 1-3 year period. personally, if that is true, i think that's a damn good thing.

diamond texture design? whatever the hell that is.... i'm sure i'll be edshucaded soon.

i'm still having a bit of trouble with the scratchy sound.... reminds me of a worn-out abrasive dirty line.... that will take some getting used to.

i don't know when you'll be in this area next, but stop on by and we'll go cast it some if ya like....

wally
— Cormac McCarthy