News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Thirstday fishing

Started by Gofisher, September 07, 2007, 11:52:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gofisher

Well, I did it again. I decided to play hookey from work and go fishing. My buddy called me up and twisted my arm to go (that's my story and I'm sticking to it!) We hit the river at 8 a.m. and paddled upstream. Our mode of transport....

Since I had transportation, I figured I'd bring my bigger soft-side cooler that was a gift from my wife. It holds more than my 6pack cooler so I was in heaven. I also brought a little "spring water" with me since I had the extra room. I knew it would be a fun day when my first fish was a chunky, sweet, brownie...

There were also some pretty bows to be had...

I also got to see my buddy flip out of his yak!  ;D Later on I had a fish on and a canoe went by with one guy saying, "that looks dangerous!". I kind of laughed it off until I turned and looked and my buddy was dumping out his yak for the second time!  :o ;D It was a hot day, so I'm SURE he was just trying to cool off.  ;) Here's a couple of pics of feeshies on the hook...

By the time we took out, the new cooler was empty. Now it's time to see who got the last laugh! As I was cleaning out the yak, I lost my balnce and fell backwards into about a 1 1/2 foot deep slough, drenching myself in the process.   0--0 We were both laughing so hard if anybody was there they'd of thought us crazy.  ;D
It was great day to sneak away and fish, and I look forward to the next one...

Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

troutphisher

Very nice!!!!! dang that brown has a fat belly!

I bet that was a riot pulling him in!
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

brownhunter

Man, that one bow with the white background sure is purdy  ;D Thanks for sharing and glad you were able to get the day off. I may have to try that one soon!!!!
"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

Gofisher

Quote from: absales on September 07, 2007, 13:21:22 PM
Nice stockers.

jis sayin..........

Fuck you........jis sayin......

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Gofisher