News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

unlimited odds and ends

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 13, 2020, 08:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Big time stone hatch on the Yadkin in Elkin.  Acres of them moving upriver.

trout-r-us

Beware, the Ides of March are upon us.

You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

trout-r-us

More fun coming for folks that have fun hating Yankees.

"Boomers fed up with Florida are moving to southern Appalachia, fueling a population spike in longtime rural communities"

https://www.yahoo.com/news/boomers-fed-florida-moving-southern-152041744.html
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

troutboy_II

While I am sure that concerns about severe weather may have some impact on these folks, I think having an insane governor must have an equal impact if not more so. What a wack doddle.  :o

Imho of course... Your milage may very.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Onslow

Quote from: troutboy_II on March 25, 2024, 12:20:08 PMWhile I am sure that concerns about severe weather may have some impact on these folks, I think having an insane governor must have an equal impact if not more so. What a wack doddle.  :o

TB
Quote from: troutboy_II on March 25, 2024, 12:20:08 PMWhile I am sure that concerns about severe weather may have some impact on these folks, I think having an insane governor must have an equal impact if not more so. What a wack doddle.  :o

TB

DeSantis is a moral supremacist just as the Neo Woke crowd are.  Same smelly shit in a different wrapper.

Perhaps a tuition refund for all his advance degrees are in order being he does not have the smarts to handle the dumb-dumbs he's quarreling with.  Yes, he is correct, there are materials that should not be in public schools.  My issue is how he exposed weakness in handling the situation by compromising the 1st, and not enforcing existing child protection laws.

Shining a light on the stupid is a great way to confront the issue.

trout-r-us

Making books available vs making books required reading are two different things.
I would agree that the public schools should be monitored regarding books that are required reading, but the libraries should offer the opportunity for students to research any topic they would like. To do otherwise, restricts learning which in turn can lead to the creation of more ignorant bigoted blowhards such as Senator Kennedy.
― Heraclitus

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 26, 2024, 08:03:11 AMMaking books available vs making books required reading are two different things.
I would agree that the public schools should be monitored regarding books that are required reading, but the libraries should offer the opportunity for students to research any topic they would like. To do otherwise, restricts learning which in turn can lead to the creation of more ignorant bigoted blowhards such as Senator Kennedy.

I agree, 100 percent!

Simply seeing students in a library reading/researching anything is encouraging, at least to me.  Plus, the material available on the web surely dwarfs any material found in a school or public library.

Of all the crap our youth must deal with during this chapter of human existence, questionable readings/books located in school libraries are darned close to the bottom of the list.

Also, one of you pretentious peckerwoods please tell me the true definition of woke.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Onslow

June 2, 1924, Calvin Coolidge signed the Snyder act. Some American Indians were eligible for citizenship in 1919 after WWI, but it wasn't until the Snyder Act was signed that all were :'(

Just thought I'd bring this up during this traditional season of self reflection as the 100 anniversary mark nears.