Damselfly Hits a Double X3

Started by Al, August 25, 2007, 20:13:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Ok, so this is a little late in posting but I wanted to clear it Damselfly just in case her photo being on the internet might trigger a US Marshal Service or Immigration & Customs Enforcement warrant. >:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About ten days ago I had the honor of taking one of the southeast's most talented wildlife artist to a secret six acre pond which is just filled with bull bream and small bass. I am fortunate to have access to this place and keep a Jon boat and trolling motor there for a change from fishing the Smith River. This pond is so out of the way that I cautioned my guest that if she was the screaming kind she had better not come along because all that screaming would get her was a sore throat. Once we passed the 2nd cabled gate and had gone down about 3 miles of wooded gravel road her bubbly smile turned to a worried frown as she could see my point.

I caught the first fish but once Damselfly saw how I was doing it she quickly tied on a bass size popper, added a brassie as a dropper and was soon way ahead of me on the count.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

As you might expect being beaten by a member of the fairer sex gave me an inferiority complex. We analyzed what was going on and concluded that she had her dropper set at about 3 feet while mine was about 18 inches.  I was comfortable letting her beat me because it put such a smile on her face.

I finally had to draw the line when she brought in doubles. If that was not bad enough she did it twice more.

Having been thoroughly outfished I called time out for a picnic lunch in hopes that feeding frenzy or her luck would die down.  Lunch was provide by Damselfly and I don't remember when I have had such an enjoyable meal or fisherman to fisherwomen conversation.

We fished until well after dark at which time we returned the boat and assorted gear to a secure shed and went directly home. That's my story ::) and I'm sticking to it. I am also sure she will confirm it.

Woolly Bugger

:o

What, she didn't get a double on the allie worm???

Popper, Dropper x 3!!!!! Talk about slaying 'em!  0--0 0--0 0--0
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Now thats what I call efficient fishing....he he he
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.