40 years ago --- Are you experienced!

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 22, 2007, 13:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

August 1967 was the height of the Summer of Love. It was also the crowning month of an amazing year of music. It was the year Pink Floyd released its first album. The Stones released several. There was the Monterey Pop Festival. Plus, there was a little album from the Beatles that was dropped to, oh, a bit of notice.

Also, the most significant music album ever was released in the U.S. on Aug. 23.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/visibleman/?ps=bb2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

walt

by gawd.... it's been that long ago...... manic depression....

wally
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy

castaway

Ah yes, remember that year well.  Unfortunately I was in Viet Nam at that time.  Missed most of the good times back home that way.  I feel like I forgot the sisties, but not for the same reasons a lot of people did. ::)

phg

...The 60's look a lot better in the rear-view mirror than they actually were.  Yeah, there were some good times, but I wouldn't want to go back.  To actually live through them (and too many of my friends didn't ...) was scary!

troutphisher

I wish I would have been a teenager in the 60's!

Instead I had to struggle through the 70's with disco, manage through the 80's with punk and new wave (exception Stevie Ray)

and finally get back to the roots of rock music with STP, Pearl Jam, Silver Chair and and others considered Alternative bands in the 90's.

The only thing that got me through the 70's was the good music of the 60's.
I still listen to it today even more, and it always brings back good memories.  0--0

TP
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Discomidge

Quote from: troutphisher on August 22, 2007, 17:41:57 PM

Instead I had to struggle through the 70's with disco,

///?...hmm, I musta been on some long strange trip ^-^

Kim 8)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

trout_boy_II

God that was good stuff.  I was at Tech then, 1Y when that was still possible.  No telling what was being cooked up in the labs... 8)

Even the NPR download with "real" stereo was refreshing.  Don't get me wrong, at 57 I don't wish to go back, but I did feel extra alive back them! ;D

TB

Al

It was the year that I followed Barry Sandler's song and became one of those "100 men we'll test today and only three win the Green Beret" - actually it was more like 70% but I was still proud.

lepomis_mcro

1967 ....man that was 7 years before i was born ;D
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

brownhunter

"Why, he wondered, did rich people call it sushi while poor people called it bait?"   -- Same Kind of Different as Me

croaker

I was 7 and peepin' over the watchtower in '67... 
Hoping my dad would make it home from that crazy asian war.
Was his second of 4 tours...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Gofisher

Let's see...I was 7 and living in Manchester, VT, home of Orvis. It was just a little "shop" out next to the main road (2-lane). Sure wish I flyfished back then.
Yankee by birth, Rebel by choice.

walt

Quote from: Discomidge on August 22, 2007, 18:46:25 PM
Quote from: troutphisher on August 22, 2007, 17:41:57 PM

Instead I had to struggle through the 70's with disco,

///?...hmm, I musta been on some long strange trip ^-^

Kim 8)

now that's funny  //?
"All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain."
— Cormac McCarthy