Access may be limited during upgrade Wednesday morning..

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 14, 2007, 20:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

In an effort to improve MySQL performance on our hosting platform, on the morning of August 15, we will be upgrading the following database servers from MySQL 4.1 to MySQL 5:

* mysql13.powweb.com
   * mysql14.powweb.com
   * mysql15.powweb.com

Your database is hosted on one of these servers and, as a result, tomorrow morning there should be approximately 15 minutes during which your database will not be accessible--at this time, we'll be copying and upgrading your database to run using MySQL 5.

MySQL 5 better handles the many simultaneous requests our new database servers receive. The upgrade should therefore enable your site to take fuller advantage of the improved hardware we've added in the past couple months. We're expecting that this upgrade to MySQL 5 will help to resolve any intermittent MySQL issues you've been experiencing.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

Sounds good to me!
What size hook is used fer SQL?   ;D

don
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutjedi

Damselfly

Whew- I'm back on after some trouble this morning...

For once the tables have turned- there's been a thread on SEFFF of folks wanting to know why they can't log on here! Kinda ironic isn't it Keith..... ;)

FT

I think that mysql13 thing is what went out on my buick last week.  Caused the Check engine dumb@$$ light to come on.  Fixed it with 10 cents worth of black tape.
Charter Member Shenandoah Valley Irregulars

diamonddave7676

Quote from: Damselfly on August 16, 2007, 12:56:07 PM
Whew- I'm back on after some trouble this morning...

For once the tables have turned- there's been a thread on SEFFF of folks wanting to know why they can't log on here! Kinda ironic isn't it Keith..... ;)

Yeah and just saw where TE Shuler had to make a smartass comment about the thread there   o-o

troutphisher

Instead of making smart ass comments, he should be re-evaluating his current position on the NEW format for his site.

Hmm, how's the membership number TE?.....LOL

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Trout Maharishi

I started to post something over there.............but why bother.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

lepomis_mcro

Quote from: troutphisher on August 16, 2007, 20:52:54 PM
Instead of making smart ass comments, he should be re-evaluating his current position on the NEW format for his site.

Hmm, how's the membership number TE?.....LOL

i heard that PB was dissapointed in TE... im not, its just what i would have expected from him. that TE is such a class act.
(mark 6:41)"Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then said to the crowd amassed before him. I have mine the hell with the rest of you."

taken from the christian conservative handbook.  how to deal with modern problems.

Trout Maharishi

Why come on here and bitch about the site if you keep going there? Everytime you log on, view a thread, or even click onto the site it just gives him more internet clout. Hits are clout in the cyber world. I couldn't help but read his response today and sure enough he justifies his behavior by post count, and in keeping with the status quo. Y'all keep bitching about the site, but you keep going there, and ya keep posting. Can't you see everytime you post or even click on there you are just adding to the numbers. Do one or the other, keep on going there (justify it anyway you want to) and stop your whining here, or quit going there, I don't care which.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutphisher

Good point TM.

Every time the place gets a visit, it counts as a hit in marketing.
Even though  memberships drops, the hits are given equal weight by some Marketing accounts. Don't visit and the site gets no credit for your hit.

They still haven't removed my profile, and they can claim I am a member, even though I asked them to remove it.

Nice way to play with numbers, but a pretty weak excuse.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.