News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Smith River and final "Shocking

Started by Larry, August 02, 2007, 18:54:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Today was the last day they were to continue to monitor the fish population on the Smith River. They collected fish for about 450 yards and collected about 600 fish. There was a mix of rainbows and browns with the majority being browns.

The good news is the that the Smith has a good population of browns. The bad news is that they don't get much bigger than 12 inches. The worst news is that they are hard to catch.

Anyway, I will "try" to attach four pictures to this post.

Woolly Bugger

Cool pictures and what nice Smith River Brownies... :o
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Quote from: Larry on August 02, 2007, 18:54:39 PM

Today was the last day they were to continue to monitor the fish population on the Smith River. They collected fish for about 450 yards and collected about 600 fish. There was a mix of rainbows and browns with the majority being browns.

The good news is the that the Smith has a good population of browns. The bad news is that they don't get much bigger than 12 inches. The worst news is that they are hard to catch.

Anyway, I will "try" to attach four pictures to this post.

Just found this thread - sorry I'm late in saying "Thank You Larry" for participating in the Smith River Sampling. I know they appreciated the help and the interst you showed in the fishery.

I will be seeing some of the VDGIF tomorrow and will get a better read out of how it went. I have corresponded with one of them already and he is optimistic that the fishery is at least stable and perhaps even moving in the right direction. That is welcome news because last year the feeling was that it was still in decline.